Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • UCI DH today
  • robsoctane
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’m over the moon that finally, the field are getting up on the Gwinner, phew! Well done to Ratboy especially! What a race.

GW
    Free Member

it’s not roadbiking or the olympics so not much interest on here. 🙁

was out riding so missed it but looking forward to watching the replay, sounds like a good race.

Northwind

Being dead clever, I settled down to watch the replay, or what I thought was the replay… Thinking this all seemed very familiar… Well, Val Di Sole, Val d’Isere, practically the same innit.

Ah well, second time lucky.

GW
    Free Member

he he.. 😆

stanfree
    Free Member

Cant seem to find a replay anywhere ,tried the usual redbull , freecaster and mpora.

kimbers

stanfree +1 really want to watch it!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Being dead clever, I settled down to watch the replay, or what I thought was the replay… Thinking this all seemed very familiar… Well, Val Di Sole, Val d’Isere, practically the same innit.

Ah well, second time lucky.

😀

muddyfunster
    Free Member

The race was incredible and the coverage of the last 20 riders was mind blowing. I haven’t seen anything from the olympics that has come anywhere close to the spectacle and excitement.

Great to see Brook MacDonald finally get a win, and what style to do it in.

trickydisco
    Free Member

anyone know where i can watch it?

muddyfunster
    Free Member

I think they had technical problems with the stream early on which I imagine is why the replay isn’t up yet. it should be here

http://live.redbull.tv/events/92/uci-valdisere-dhi/

but it’s not!

kaesae
    Free Member

DH is rigged this year, moto x features that suit gwin’s riding perfectly springing up everywhere!

Val di sole 2010 gwin crashed out because of some roots, 2011 same root gave him a lot of hassle, this year the roots that gave him all the problems have been removed and a layer of top soil has been put down. Which is fine if you come from a moto x racing back ground. Not so much if you’re DH racers without a moto x background.

Gwin is a great rider and his mechanics and bike are awsome, but the biast shown by the UCI in terms of track changes in an attempt to win over the American public / viewers sucks and a lot of good riders have been injured this year as a result.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Put the crack pipe down.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

kaesae – never heard such a massive pile of shite. Gwinny tackles technical terrain like no-one else.

have you even been watching?

tracknicko
    Free Member

DH is rigged this year, moto x features that suit gwin’s riding perfectly springing up everywhere!

Val di sole 2010 gwin crashed out because of some roots, 2011 same root gave him a lot of hassle, this year the roots that gave him all the problems have been removed and a layer of top soil has been put down. Which is fine if you come from a moto x racing back ground. Not so much if you’re DH racers without a moto x background.

Gwin is a great rider and his mechanics and bike are awsome, but the biast shown by the UCI in terms of track changes in an attempt to win over the American public / viewers sucks and a lot of good riders have been injured this year as a result.

ah ha ha ha… brilliant.

presumably a joke yes?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Gahhh, no replay forthcoming, Gahhhh!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Schnutts, I tuned in only to see him giving his winning speech 🙁

GW
    Free Member

Replay’s been up for a few hours now.

DH is rigged this year

spot on Kes! I hear they started this conspiracy two years ago by redesigning certain features of the Fort William track to make sure they’d take Sam Hill out of the running and were seen recently replacing course tape at the french Crankworks comp.

hels
    Free Member

And there was definitely a second spitter on the grassy knoll.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Found it

kaesae
    Free Member

Let’s ignore the UCI’s long and distinguished history of corruption, bribing and embezzlement and focus on the facts.

The UCI are obviously having financial issues, dropping the 4x and then stabbing freecaster in the back! Why did they move from freecaster to Redbull, for more or less money?

So we can say that Gwin and his winning streak is generating extra viewers and revenues. However the best way to increase viewers for the UCI and thus increase the amount of money they make is to get more people watching and to do that Gwin has to win even more.

To argue that it is not possible to favour a rider by changing the style or characteristics of the tracks is nonsense, every rider has a different riding style that includes strengths and weekness’s.

Gwin coming from a moto x back ground favours tracks you can keep your speed up on, however when it get’s too technical he doesn’t have enough experience, he will in time but for now it is a weekness, as was shown in the race on Sunday and also practice / qualifying.

Maybe Gwin is just very lucky, how many tracks have been shortened, how many pedaling sections have been removed, also how many moto x features and sections have been added?

He got even more lucky at val di sole, all the root that had caused him problems in the past got removed or covered with top soil.

Wish I was that **** ing lucky!

Gwin is the best rider in the world, there is no doubt in my mind of that, however this years DH has been total bullshit!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘UCI DH today’ is closed to new replies.