Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • UCI cyclocross coming to London?
  • ferrals
    Free Member

It looks possible: Looky looky

Think I’ll have to get over my big-city-phobia and go watch if it happens

leggyblonde
    Free Member

The Milton Keynes round was fantastic, this has the potential to be even better!

ferrals
    Free Member

What is the terrain like there? I had a quick look but could only see rubble strewn mtb trails – looks like some cx friendly parkland to the south?

Kryton57

You mean at the Velopark Ferrals?

Its been redeveloped at the end of last year but Lee Valley / MSG using MSG’s knowledge to create some quite interesting trails. I’ve raced MTB twice on it. At race pace there’s some quite interesting features – rocks, small drops, a couple of stepped big drops, rollers, loose, grass, tarmac and gravel sections and sprint sections. Its certainly a lot less tame than some of the CX races. Despite the lack of elevation whereby you think on the practise lap its easy, the little rises and pumps make it a real effort.

Its a good fast course.

aP
    Free Member

I’m sure that Kel, Simon and all that will put on a good course, expect to see some kind of large bridge structure, and probably metre sized jumps.

irelanst
    Free Member

and probably metre sized jumps

Not for world cup ‘cross, max height of a feature is 40cm

LS
    Free Member

Great that this might be happening but don’t forget that this years’ Trophy round at Abergavenny is a C1 race, basically one step down from a WC in terms of level. There should be a good turnout although it does clash with another event over on the continent.

ferrals
    Free Member

irelanst – Member

and probably metre sized jumps

Not for world cup ‘cross, max height of a feature is 40cm [/quote]

max hurdle height is 40cm, but i assumed he meant bmx style roallable doubles? see them on the continental courses now and again.

@LS – Already got abergavenny in the calendar. Racing the welsh league on the sat and either racing or watching the sunday. Was dead set on racing when it was just a national but not sure now its a C1. Can anyone enter a C1 or is there a points requirment?

aP
    Free Member

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Can anyone enter a C1 or is there a points requirment

Anyone with a UCI (BC) licence can enter, organiser doesn’t have to accept however!

LS
    Free Member

As above, anyone can enter. As it’s a Trophy round anyway there’ll be the usual spread of abilities, for this reason though I suspect that 80% will be implemented so a few people will have a short day out!

ferrals
    Free Member

To be honest that would probably be ideal, race for 20 minutes then get pulled out and watch the last bit 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh, you gotta love that! It’ll be great, anyone whose been to a UCI CX event will know it’s a proper run event and the infrastructure it’s superbly organised.

LS
    Free Member

20? Depending on who turns up, 12-15 might be game over for some 😆

ferrals
    Free Member

Couple of laps would do me! Be nice to ride a more technical level of course as it’s my favourite aspect of ‘cross. Either way should be a good w/e. Planning on heading up en famille and staying for a few days.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘UCI cyclocross coming to London?’ is closed to new replies.