• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by gray.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • UBYK stock levels usually accurate?
  • Poopscoop

They have a carbon bar in that no-one else has (SixC 35, 35mm rise black/silver)but are they like Tredz etc regarding stock levels?

Cheers guys. 🙂

ogden
    Free Member

I ordered a dropper that was showing in stock, it took two and a half weeks and lots of emails.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Yes it’s all lies. They are now on my avoid at all costs list.

gaberin
    Free Member

Give them a call or drop them an email if you want to be sure before ordering?

johnnystorm

They were the only place that had the Ritchey Venturemax in stock when showing stock. I did call to confirm.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

My cranks ordered on the 13th June “in-stock” I had to chase on the 24th. They still haven’t arrived, nor have they been in touch so I have just emailed to cancel.

Another no from me then..

Poopscoop

Ah, right…

Not going to bother with them then.

Saved me money anyhow as will get some Havens from CRC instead.

Cheers guys!

tillydog
    Free Member

Ordered some Bluto forks from them last year, showing as in stock. Got an email saying they were waiting for stock, then another one saying that it would be 6(??) weeks before they had stock – did I want to cancel? I wasn’t in a rush, and the price was good, so I said no. They arrived a week later.

If they’ve got what you want, and aren’t in a rush…

woodster

I ordered an Absolute Black Chainring and got an email saying that they didn’t have the right size so I accepted another one. Fairly helpful about it so I wouldn’t necessarily avoid, but I’d check before buying again.

jkomo

Just ring them, they have an actual shop in Oxford, with people in it.
    They seem pretty decent, and it is full of nice stuff.

PJay
    Free Member

I’ve only ordered from them once, but the item arrived in a few days without issue. I’d probably use them again.

submarined
    Free Member

Ordered an ‘in stock’ Hope headset, took weeks to arrive.

IMHO their best use is as a base for an Evans price match.

clubby

Week and a half for an in stock stem.

Alex

They were the only shop showing stock of an oval ring I wanted. Took a month in the end but comma were good. I called the shop and they’re a good bunch. But I don’t think their stock system reflects what they have in stock…

vmgscot

From my experience (bunch of RaceFace kit) their indicated stock levels neither represent their own physical stock nor that of the distributor – everything was out of stock after ordering ‘instock’ items and distributor never had stock either.

Poopscoop

Yeah,I suspect the bar I want they simply won’t be able to get anyway. It’s discontinued. That what makes me suspect about the situation.

Emailed them (out of curiosity) but no reply…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

only ever use UBYK to get other shops to price match, everything shows as in stock (even though we know its not) and sometimes they have very keen prices

benpinnick

I have lots of those, but I can’t sell you one 🙂 At least not without a bike, however Silverfish are showing good stock so shouldn’t be a problem finding one elsewhere if you’re worried.

Poopscoop

Hello Ben!

Interesting to hear that silverfish have them. At a daft price obviously. 😉

Will have a further look around.

Poopscoop

Just to be fair to UBYK I just got an email saying they will have stock on Monday of the bars I want.

So, will update if I do order. 🙂

transporter13
    Free Member

Ordered a hope stem from them the other day then saw this thread 😯

So I rang them today and had the guy explain that the last 3 days orders were being posted today.. Sure enough an hour later an email popped up to confirm.

So far so good

transporter13
    Free Member

Just to update… Stem turned up yesterday so all is good

honourablegeorge

Surprised by the negative posts, have found them really quick and they go out of their way to be helpful. I phoned to check when they had stock of the fox dropper, placed an order, got a phone call the day before it was due to say it had arrived and they were shipping it. Will deffo use them again.

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

Quite surprised too. I’ve ordered a fair bit from them and it’s always turned up quickly. Nothing too obscure mind, just pedals, stems, NW chain rings etc.

gray

I’ve only been in in person. I needed some help with an insurance quotation thingy. They went out of their way to help me.

Would have been very happy to end up buying a bike from there, but in the end decided to get a Canyon so that wasn’t possible.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘UBYK stock levels usually accurate?’ is closed to new replies.