Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Uberbike Kevlar pads, anyone used them?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Need to stock up on some pads, have anyone used the Kevlar ones? I’d usually just grab some sintered and have done with it, but interested if they feel like organic but last like sintered.

Cheers

Ricks

Alex

Not recently. Switched to the race a couple of years back and stuck with them. Definitely the best in terms of stopping power and endurance.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

They definitely don’t last like sintered or feel like organic as the marketing bullshit suggests. They wear out fast (5 months for me) and have average stopping power. In-between not good at anything IME.

Edit: Your talking about Kevlar not Race Matrix oops

neil853
    Free Member

terrible pads that squeeled like hell, all four pairs of them.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Race matrix are betterer

nickjb
    Free Member

I use the superstar kevlar as standard. Seem a good compromise of power and life.

rickon
    Free Member

I used the Race Matrix pads, they lasted one run in the Alps.

They were fine on less steep trails, but anything with long sections of braking destroyed them.

joebristol

Not used the Kevlar ones, but put a set of their sintered ones on last week. Out for first ride today with them at Cwmcarn – did about 7 or 8 hard stops from about 15/20 mph on them in the car park to bed them in, then just went for a ride. Had half worn Sram sintered pads in before this – but wanted to put new ones in when I held the brakes for the first time. Can’t see any different in performance either better or worse. Still got more brake than I’ll ever need (running Sram Guide RS with 160mm rotors front and back on a Boardman Pro Fs).

Obviously I can’t comment on longevity. As long as they last ok I’ll be buying more of these in the future.

tom.nash

Alligator pads from xcracer.com are brilliant; if they have them for your brake.

BFITH
    Free Member

Put a set in for t’alps in early July just changed them this weekend after a wet and gritty Dalby red – 2 months!
    Great pads though – Put some more in hoping theyll last a bit longer than before.
    PS. they do squeal a bit when wet but soon dry up.

Edit: theyre Orange!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Uberbike Kevlar pads, anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.