Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Uberbike Components – what they like?
  • ravingdave

As above,

looking at getting some new pads and some larger discs; they seem cheaper than SRAM’s or Hopes offerings but wondered what performance is like? do the discs warp or pads disintegrate, how is power compared to OEM stuff?

cheers

unklehomered
    Free Member

Only used the pads, very good. Not disintegrated, think one or more bikes still have them in. Didn’t die.

Tracey

Abigale has competed in Enduro all season and done a month in the Alps using their Radiator rotors and Race Matrix pads. The rotors have worn remarkable well compared to my Ice Tech ones, she is on her third set of finned pads for the year. Using XT8000 brakes. No warping or disingritation. Power wise they are as good as the Shimano ones they replaced.

BoardinBob

Really impressed with their radiator rotors

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Pads are good but tend to be noiser than Shimano. Not tried their rotors.

DezB
    Free Member

Their brake hoses and connectors are top notch. Pads good too.

MartynS

Use the pads all the time. Always buy them in bulk when there’s an offer on.. They’ve just done a 20%off for bank holiday. We’ve had a problem with th pads on her bike squealing, but we reckon it’s because she drags her brakes more than me.
    Race matrix didn’t last to long around here (peak) the normal sintered work just fine for me. Might try the Finned pads for her at some point…
    Her bike also has floating roters and brake hose’s all really good.

I had a set of jockey wheels that I’m not to sure didn’t destroy my rear mech. There’s no float in them and I did find the chain ran a bit strangely over them. I ended up with a mech bent all the way back on itself and snapped. However that might just be a complete coincidence.

Generally though, very good!!

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Apparently you can contact them via your smart phone and they will bring you some pads in an unlicensed minicab within 15 minutes.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I’ve been using the race matrix pads which have been good. Got other bits and bobs too and not had any problems with them so far.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Pads seem good enough quality but the Race Matrix (white back plates) only lasted 5 months. So get sintered if you want them to last.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

+1 for the Race Matrix pads.
    Perhaps not as long-lasting as Shimano, but more power.
    I’ve not had any noise issues with them, except in the wet when they’ll squeal until they warm up a bit. But that’s the case with most pads IME.

dickie
    Free Member

I’ve found the rotors are a lot better than Hope floating which I found wrapped easily.

paladin

Been using their sintered pads for a while and theyve done well.
    However the last set which i fitted for 10undertheben were almost worn out by the end of the event. Dont know if that says more about the pads or my riding 😆

Yetiman
    Free Member

I found the Race Matrix pads performance to be very inconsistent compared to Formula OEM and SS Kevlar, which was strange considering an almost universal like for them on here. I was also a bit disappointed by their quality control as I had to take a Stanley knife to two sets to trim excess glue and pad material so that the pad retainer would fit. It might’ve been down to a duff batch, and not a massive issue really , but I don’t have to do that with other pads.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Pads are great and narrow wide chainring was very good too. Well worth the money which is 40% cheaper than the big brands.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Uberbike Components – what they like?’ is closed to new replies.