Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Uber pads for zee brakes
  • craig78
    Free Member

Hi just seeing if any of you guys have used uber pads? I’m running zees as I’m a big lad! Just been told that they might be good upgrade .cheers

Potdog
    Free Member

Not tried them in Zee’s but use their Race Matrix pads in my M4’s and they are seriously good. Great feel, long life and no squealing!

deviant
    Free Member

Got the Race Matrix compound in my Deores, all good in the hood.

Recommended, peace out.

shredder
    Free Member

Had the Race Matrix in Saints and XT’s brilliant pads.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got some of their finned pads with race matrix inserts. They’re good. Like you I am not a light chap.

craig78
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Have ordered some..

Northwind

I had a few good UK rides with the race matrixes (in Formula The Ones), really pleased. Took them out to the alps, total unpredictable ****. Maybe it was just the heat but… I could deal with low power, or grabbiness, I couldn’t deal with not knowing from corner to corner whether they’d be grabby or feeble. Proper could-hurt-you stuff.

So I threw them in the bin and fitted some superstar kevlars, which never missed a beat. That’s not a plug for the superstars, other good pads are available, it just says that it was something specific to the Ubers not something I was doing.

chris_db
    Free Member

I use the race matrix Ubers – no squeal and consistent feel. Don’t last long in winter conditions…..

variflex
    Free Member

funnily enough I have been using race matrix for a year or so on xt,
    slx and xtr brakes. last way more than the cheaper and more expensive pads but they do squeal for me in the wet probably more so than shimano pads. any recommendation as to what I could be doing wrong?

bright
    Free Member

The uber pads I had squeeled so badly on my avid trail brakes I put up with them for about two rides before taking them off and replacing with avid branded versions, squeal instantly solved. I ordered 4 pairs of ubers as they were cheap but it was a bit of a false economy tbh. Having used cheap superstar pads in the past thats where I would go next time.

Tracey

Been using the race matrix in all our brakes, XT and SRAM, throughout the year in the Peak and also on our Alps trips, including Abigales 5 weeks out there. They have been as good as the original pads and never let us down. Will be trying the finned option ones we have used up all our spares

MartynS

not a bad word to say about uberpads.

i use the normal unfinned sintered in my xt brakes. They seem to last ages (in the peak district) don’t squeal and stop well. There customer service is excellent as well

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Uber pads for zee brakes’ is closed to new replies.