Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Uber-geek question content, who is the most
  • juan
    Free Member

brilliant mind of the marvel universe?
    Forge?
    Red Richard?
    Tony Stark?
    Peter Parker?
    Hank Pym?
    Bruce Banner?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Galactus

samuri
    Free Member

Peter Parker?

It’s either Professor Xavier, Victor von Doom or Reed Richards.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

Joss Whedon.

samuri
    Free Member

who?

maccruiskeen

Penry the mild mannered janitor?

Daffy

Tony Stark.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Stan Lee.

Obviously.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Dr Doom is pretty smart too.

Difficult to say really as they are brilliant in different ways. Wonder who’s has the most brilliant and least flawed mind?

Edit: also they are mostly just smart sciency types who were smart before they became super. Who’s mind is their superpower?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Who’s mind is their superpower?

Prof Xavier. But still not as smart as Galactus.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Out of that list, Reed Richards, although he’s also really boring.

Tony Stark is brilliant, but there was the small matter of his alcoholism. Victor Von Doom is a master of both science and sorcery, but is a bit too grudgey and keeps failing because of that. Hank Pym is a wife slapping nutter, Bruce Banner has to timeshare with the Jolly Green Giant, and Peter Parker suffers from writers forgetting he’s a genius (see also Kitty Pryde). Forge is a bit B-list.

chewkw
    Free Member

Crikey … I know non of them.

😯

juan
    Free Member

Funny you found forge b list. Its power is being a genius. I remember him outsourcing Stark’s sentry buy building a stealth jeep.
    And we’re talking about sheer genius. I would say Pym or forge. But again open to debate.
    IIRC Xavier only build cerebro…

Northwind

Ozymandias

juan
    Free Member

ozymandias isn’t in the marvel universe

maxtorque

I AM

spursn17
    Free Member

Optimus Prime

mogrim

Forge?
    Red Richard?
    Tony Stark?
    Peter Parker?
    Hank Pym?
    Bruce Banner?

Look at that list: Marvel’s a bit crap, isn’t it? I mean, none of them can compare to Batman or Judge Dredd, for example. Or Superman, surely the greatest superhero of them all?

Northwind

juan – Member

Neither are most good comic characters.

SaxonRider

@mogrim

You are so wrong. 😉 The only good thing out of DC was Batman. As for Superman, I can not imagine a more boring superhero. The very premise was ridiculous. I mean, he could do everything. And his principal nemesis? A rich guy. Uh huh. A superhero so powerful, he could turn back time by reversing the earth’s axis, against a vaguely evil Richard Branson.

Give me Spider-Man or the X-Men any day over Superman.

Incidentally, did anyone on here ever read Alpha Flight?

Yes, I am nerd.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Crikey … I know non of them.

Me neither … but it does lead me to wonder, is there any topic that could be posted on here without at least 2 or 3 people knowing enough to reply?

mogrim

The only good thing out of DC was Batman.

Ignoring my 2000AD reference (I’ve ignored Nemesis, Halo Jones, ABC Warriors…) DC also has The Authority, and they rock.

As for Superman, I can not imagine a more boring superhero. The very premise was ridiculous. I mean, he could do everything. And his principal nemesis? A rich guy. Uh huh. A superhero so powerful, he could turn back time by reversing the earth’s axis, against a vaguely evil Richard Branson.

Not a huge fan of Superman, but he is the archetypal Superhero. No other character can hold a candle to him. And despite not being a huge fan, this looks pretty cool:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2DiRuegbEA[/video]

juan
    Free Member

ever read Alpha Flight?

Only during the byrne age and only when crossing over with the uncanny Xmen

MrsToast
    Free Member

Technically he is – there’s a character called Ozymandias who’s the scribe of Apocalypse…

funny you found forge b list

It’s not so much his powers, it’s the fact that he’s one of those characters that Marvel writers forgets exist for years on end! 😛

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Uber-geek question content, who is the most’ is closed to new replies.