Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Uber dull – Where can I find Interesting Exterior Doors?
  • acjim
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get some modern “design-led” exterior doors for my house? It’s a contemporary scandinavian style bungalow and the normal heritage style would look rubbish.

Don’t mind spending a bit as they’ll need to last and look good in 50 yrs time.

Sustainably sourced would be a plus

Harry_the_Spider

Do not go to Folding Sliding Doors in Bradford.

Ours look great but they are utter idiots to deal with. 6 attempts to put them in, numerous visits to put them right and they weren’t cheap either.

After they came to sort out the hinges for the n th time and glue the seals back on again I said that the design was floored. Their response was. “Yes, this system is no good, we use a better one now”.

Brilliant. I paid these arseholes £5k.

Rant over.

johnhoo
    Free Member

try our range: Premdor

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    acjim
    Free Member

So not Folding Sliding Doors then, lol

johnhoo, thanks but I’m looking for something a bit more like this.

Digimap
    Free Member

That looks like the sort of thing you might get from http://www.kloeber.co.uk/.

acjim
    Free Member

cheers, not seen them before.

Ponty

Hi Acjim

Sorry to hijack. But we’re in the early stages of planning a self build and are planning on building a modern bungalow……thing is, you dont see many and I wondered if you’d fancy sharing some info on your modern bungalow?

Hopefully my email is in my profile, if not please post and I’ll post it here

Many thanks

johnhoo
    Free Member

no problem. Sorry I couldn’t help. Maybe our European cousins could help.
    Try googling “Fonmarty” or “Batimetal” (France) or maybe “Kronodoor” (Poland/Czech Republic).
    Not sure if our North American operations could help you, but try http://www.masonite.com

Anthony
    Free Member

Why not support a local joiner and have them made to any design you fancy? They would also probably use a local timber supplier too.

surfer
    Free Member

Johnhoo

My friend has these internally. They look great.

acjim
    Free Member

ponty; ygm

thanks Johnhoo – i’ll try those suggestions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Uber dull – Where can I find Interesting Exterior Doors?’ is closed to new replies.