Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • UBER Brake Pads for Hope. Any experiences?
  • shiny
    Free Member

Hi All,
    A mate has just told me about UBER Brake pads that may be good with my Hope Tech brakes, does anyone have any personal experience of them? Any good?

They seem to be good value for money and you can even get ‘cooling fin’ adaptors – not that I want them.

Cheers
    Shiny

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Not on Hope brakes, but I’ve used their Race Matrix pads – very good indeed in my experience. Better than the stock Shimano ones they replaced.

DickBarton

Do they work by using an app when you need them?

Fabdad
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Race Matrix pads in my Hope M4s for a while now and I’d say they’re the best pads I’ve used, not tried the new finned version yet tho!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I have a mixed opinion of them. In the UK they seemed fine, almost as good as the Hope sintered pads (although about half the life).

Lift assisted riding though, they seem to almost go sticky, caused pumping up issues, and pad life dropped to about a fraction of a set of Hope sintereds.

I went through 4 sets of them in a month, swapped back to Hope (as that’s all I could get), got improved performance, more solid lever feel & ran the pads for the remaining 6 weeks away, and am still running them now.

shiny
    Free Member

I am in KL, Malaysia where it is hot, wet and humid all the time. We are just entering the monsoon and so braking is important but so is pad life. I use sintered hopes now but they squel so much at times. Dissipating the heat when it is 35 degrees at 10am is hard – hence my consideration of the fins but I suspect they may be BS.

Coming back in a few weeks so may order some to try and see. Thanks for the input, feel free to keep it coming.

Much appreciated
    Cheers
    Shiny

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘UBER Brake Pads for Hope. Any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.