• This topic has 62 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mm93.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • U2 at Abbey Road now BBC1
  • Drac

I guess someone didn’t get a U2 calendar in the secret Santa.

slowoldman

That’s not how conversation works

I think you’ll find that’s exactly how conversation works. Try it in a pub.

Anyway I don’t hate them but come on “Bono” and “The Edge” FFS? They are Paul and David.

jamj1974

Drac – Moderator
    I guess someone didn’t get a U2 calendar in the secret Santa.

Ok, that made me laugh. 😀

Watty

In the name of love will you stop the bickering. Actual fact: I was on the U2 in Nuremberg a couple of weeks ago and so were U2.

Drac

I think you’ll find that’s exactly how conversation works. Try it in a pub.

“I’m having one last pint then going home to watch U2 to a Abbey Road”

“Not me I don’t particularly like U2”

“How dare you? How bloody dare you? You come in here have a pint with me and when I mention I like U2 you criticise my music style. I say Nooooo! Noooo! You can’t give your opinion on another mans music taste just as he mentioned they were on TV”

DezB
    Free Member

but come on “Bono” and “The Edge” FFS? They are Paul and David.

They were punks. Punks gave themselves silly names. Like Rotton, Devoto and er Styrene. Their names are the least worst thing about U2!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I was struck down with a violent stomach bug at a gig on their PopMart tour. As in locked in a portaloo fearing i was going to shit myself to death while angry U2 fans banged on the door.

Looking back, it was probably a portend for U2s musical trajectory from that point on.

john_l
    Free Member

Thought Bono’s voice was terrible and has Cat Deeley been polishing her legs?

slowoldman

This thread can’t end without:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU[/video]

Drac

I like Bill Bailey.

Swelper
    Free Member

As the original poster I still like U2. Each to their own 😀

Drac

As long as you enjoyed it that’s what matters.

They’ve done the odd tune I *whisper* like. Not enough for me to sit through a performance though.

jamj1974

I’m all for each to their own. I’m just sure we could all get by just a little bit better if we had more respect for others opinions and perhaps especially online, just not feel the need to judge or critique quite so readily. Sometimes it really jars a little.

edlong
    Free Member

Hang on, haven’t you spent this entire thread basically disrespecting people’s opinions and railing against them having the temerity to express them?

Drac

Shhhhhh!

It’s Christmas save the fighting for the in laws.

edlong
    Free Member

Aye, good point well made.

Merry Winterval everyone.

justinbieber

I thought it was great – the new songs sounded much better live than on the album, and I really enjoyed the backstage stuff, especially when The Edge and Cat walked onto the stage in Brazil. Cats reaction was pretty funny, while the edge is totally at ease. It must be properly weird for having that many people cheer just because they can now see you!

And thanks for the heads up about the extra stuff on YouTube – I’ll make sure I check it out

SaxonRider

It’s Christmas save the fighting for the in laws.

Don’t bloody remind me. Thanks a lot. 😕

jamj1974

edlong – Member
    Hang on, haven’t you spent this entire thread basically disrespecting people’s opinions and railing against them having the temerity to express them?

No, have the opinions by all means, I’m all for opinions and a bit of good old argy-bargy – but use an appropriate thread rather than basically saying to the OP – “Yeah, thanks for the heads up but I think they are shit”. Totally unnecessary.

ctk
    Free Member

Bonos hair!

ali69er
    Free Member

Urgghh Bono. Worst band ever. I would rather a personal audience with Dr Hook

RustySpanner

I genuinely thought the first four albums were great stuff, ‘The Unforgettable Fire’ was the first I wasn’t keen on.

Actively disiked Joshua Tree and Rattle & Hum, but Achtung Baby was and still is a brilliant album, had a cassette of that in various cars for years.
    🙂

Nothing they’ve done since has been a patch, imo.

mm93
    Free Member

Watched this last night and thought it was brilliant.
    I’ve always been a U2 fan though and I’m one of the few it seems that thinks their albums keep getting better , I’ve honestly loved every single one of them.
    Like someone said above,I think it has almost become fashionable to dislike them ,a bit like it got with the Beatles, the fuss people made about songs of innocence being on their iPhone was laughable in my opinion.
    Meanwhile,U2 keep selling out massive tours around the globe so they must be doing something right.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘U2 at Abbey Road now BBC1’ is closed to new replies.