Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • U-Turn Rebas don't extend to full travel – any idea why?
  • sam_underhill

They had a proper (TFTuned) service in the summer, and a few weeks ago I dropped the lowers cleaned and put new fork oil in.

I went to check my air pressures last week (which I always do at full 115mm travel) and despite winding them all the way out they don’t go much beyond the 100mm ish I normally run them at. I can push them out to 115mm and it feels like I’m creating a vacuum as they then return immediately to around 100mm travel.

They feel ok out on the trail. Possibly a little soft (but this could just be trail / tyre combo). Pressure are being maintained, -ve is about 10psi higher then +ve.

Any bright ideas what might be wrong?

joolsburger
    Free Member

My mates revelations were staying low a bit like yours and when we let out all the air in the – chamber they popped up to full travel.

Now we set them up by setting sag using the + chamber only and then pumping up the – chamber until they start to compress then letting out a bit of – air which seems to work. They are now working very well for him.

I’d maybe try that?

sam_underhill

That is how I usually fill up the air. But I guess “rebooting” my forks is worth trying.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Too much -ve air pulling them down.

Let out the -ve, forks extend. Check/set you +ve air, then set the -ve air to the same pressure.

It happens when you’ve been faffing with the air pressures in the wron order, or adding more -ve then +ve air. Keep the pressures the same, or expect to loose some travel

🙂

sam_underhill

Looks like I’ve probably just made a hash of refilling them after my lowers service then. Amazing how you can be convinced you didn’t didn’t do something incorrectly despite the glaring truth staring you in the face. 😉

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘U-Turn Rebas don't extend to full travel – any idea why?’ is closed to new replies.