Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • U turn forks
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, want do you think of u-turns, especially Rev's? are they as good performing as dual airs? or is it a similar story as talas and floats?
    thanks!

PJM1974
    Free Member

The only Rockshox forks I've ever owned have been U-Turns. No problems at all in four years.

bol

I haven't ridden standard revs, but I him my u-turns are just as good as my equivalent rebas.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Had both coil U-turns and dual airs, both are as good as one another, but the dual airs are easier to set up for sag etc.

Apparently air u-turns aren't as good as the coils either, according to the guy I spoke to at TF

jonb
    Free Member

Personally if i had the chance again I'd avoid the U turn. I don't find I use it and even when I do it knocks slightly which is annoying. Would avoid lockout too as i've not used that enough to make it worth while.

Don't know about performance only had the one set of forks by RS.

mickasaki
    Free Member

You dont hear as much about it as you do with the fox's, so i suppose they are all good! its just merlin are doing them at the same prices, and i am very tempted to change my thors, as i HAVE to have the extra 10mm travel!

Northwind

I'd say definately, if you think you'll use it it's worth it. It's not like TALAS where it has a knock-on effect on the fork's performance, as far as I can tell by feel a U-turn fork acts exactly like an all-travel fork. None of my 3 have knocked either (well, the old ones did when I broke them but in normal use they don't)

Still, you do pay extra for it so it's worth thinking about whether you actually need it.

amodicumofgnar

Have had reba U-turns for last 3 years, only problem caused by pilot error – adjusting travel without taking the lock-out off. Did funny things to the lock out but nothing a service didnt fix.

Used U-turn all the time when they were on my old on-one frame as it felt nicer to climb at 85mm but descend at 100mm. Current on-one frame just gets left at 100mm all the time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘U turn forks’ is closed to new replies.