Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • U Turn . . . and boy does it feel good :D
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Massive apologies for all my whinging 'I need more travel' posts of late 🙄 . Sure, more travel is great and my new Bullit was an absolute blast on the downhills but I missed my old Tazer like crazy (even tried to buy it back but it had been sold on while I was on holiday 😥 ). Anyway, no more tears as I decided to advertise the Bullit while still virtually new and make a rather expensive U turn . . .

that's it . . . I'm done!! Yeah, funnily enough none of my family believe me either despite being treated to a lovely rendering of the 'final bike build' all afternoon courtesy of the band Europe 😉

tails
    Free Member

haha! oh dear! i'm glad i'm not the only one I have a new style chameleon I loved the original lizard plus i'm a santa cruz fanboy thought it would be the bike to end all bikes . . . but the front end is just to high, I'm gonna try reduce the forks but can't find a proper how to guide. And I've been eyeing up charge blenders. Wish there were more normal hardtails out there the all seem to be made for 140 – 160mm forks at the mo.

good luck with your bike, you tried the yeti 4X 😀

mamadirt
    Free Member

Never ridden a Yeti (they all seem to be too big for me, even the 4X according to the online geometry) – it's probably for the best. What forks do you have? I've had to lower mine for the Tazer – there's an online guide for Marz forks over on mtbr.com.

rs
    Free Member

🙄

tails
    Free Member

oh really how small are you!! though it probably is for the best.

i have revelation 426 dual airs want to drop them to 120mm then if that doesn't work and i buy a charge 100mm, they come as 140mm

tails
    Free Member

why'd you not buy a blur 4x over the bullit? hope the hit wasn't to bad

tails
    Free Member

courtesy of the band Europe

😯

pinches
    Free Member

because they don't make a blur 4x anymore?

Tazer for the win. Especially in white, looks great.

tails
    Free Member

is it not, shame that. yeah get that built i want pics

mamadirt
    Free Member

Blur 4X is probably a lot more than I paid for the Tazer too. I think things started going pear shaped when I swapped my 130mm Bombers on the old Tazer for shorter travel bolt-thru forks – it felt fantastic – loads more pop but suffered on the downhills so after a year I felt it was time to give longer travel a go again . . . but I forgot how much harder work it was on the climbs and commute 🙄 . I don't regret having tried the Bullit for one minute – it was an absolute riot – but I have to admit that at just 5'2" and 120lbs I don't need anywhere near that amount of bike although I'd like to think I could've done it justice eventually 😕

Shame there aren't too many test bikes available in my size – this is getting expensive 😐

Already built and looks fantastic btw 😛 . I'll get some proper pics done when I take it out this weekend.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

You only had the Bullit for about a month didnt you? Even my Reign lasted longer than that. 😉
    The Tazer is lovely, cant wait for them to release the HT version.
    Im still looking at Tracers…….mmmmm

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, less than a month old and I was on holiday for half of that so only two weeks' really . . . long enough to realize I'd made a rather expensive mistake 😳 . It'd be an absolute cracking uplift or occasional use bike but just far too beefy as an all rounder for someone of my size.

The last I heard the Tazer hardtail was not going into production but who knows, there do seem to be a lot of folks after one so maybe it'll happen. I tried a small Tracer at one of the demo days . . . lovely. The Tazer is a pretty similar frame to the small, aside from the shorter travel.

mamadirt
    Free Member

That's it, I'm done!!! It's been a blinkin' long road (not to mention the expense) but wow, this bike rocks!!!, I mean really rocks!!!

Cwmcarn today was absolutely amazing – x/c, jumpy stuff, d/h – perfect!!

Confiscate my visa card, disable my fotopic account and papadirt – you can have your ebay account back just as soon as I've sold all my other worldly goods to pay for the Tazer 😉

Amen

Swiftacular
    Free Member

What travel is it? Does look nice.

mamadirt
    Free Member

4" at the back (adjustable to 3 1/2") and I'm running 5 1/2" up front – recommended travel is 100-120mm but the forks feel spot on – not too slack (probably because of the short headtube and internal reducer headset).

fozzybear
    Free Member

looks lovely though.

rOcKeTdOg

i give it 3 weeks till you realise you need a little HT for 'messing' on

🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah, but that's the thing RD. This one is tiny so perfect for messing on too. First full-sus bike I've had with standover clearance 😛

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘U Turn . . . and boy does it feel good :D’ is closed to new replies.