Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tyres, Yes sorry :) Which one set of A/M tyres, light for most weather?
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

After some tyres, lightweight but fit and forget, im not into changing tyres so put on and leave! ideally around 2.2's

I am looking at the Maxxis Ignitor 2.1's which are 505gms each and £22.97 and also Schwalabe RR's 2.25's 520gms £38.50 each

My current NN's are 675gms each so a bit of weight to come off. The ignitors look good for the buck and a nice weight saving. Any other tyres I should look at before I pay up??

The tyres would be used around the SW trail centres and trails in wales etc!

Cheers

fozzybear
    Free Member

since i have gone tubeless i run 2/3 types now.

sloppy mud to damp condt = mudx which will take me into autumn
    i admit to getting some ACX to try out as larger mudx tyres.
    dry to moist = High roller 2.35 folding

before this as my all weather tyre i ran a 2.35 folding does well in all conditions considering.

zaskar
    Free Member

Kenda Nevegals until its get super gloopy.

Bit draggy though-good workout!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think the old Maxxis tyres like the ignightor come up small so the 2.1 you're looking at isn't going to fit the 2.2 wishlist you opened with. (that's how they keep them so light). I would say look at the advantage might be worth a look but they're heavier than what you're looking at (although not heavy by any stretch).

fozzybear
    Free Member

advantage are bad in the damp though.

vinnyeh

I'd stick with the NN's unless there's something you don't like other than the weight.
    Ignitors are pretty small, but I've got a 2.35 on the front of my ht at the moment- it's not too bad, but it doesn't grip as predictably as the previous NN's, and it's very sensitive to air pressure imo.
    RR is a bit too dry weather, especially on the front.
    Trouble is, you said A/M in the title- none of these tyres are really that tough.
    Maybe try the Rubber Queen 2.2 if stock ever arrives?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

mmm my NN's are snakeskin evo at 675 each and 2.4's so a tad wide and heavy for my needs. I would prefer a 2.2 all round use and around 550-600gms

kamina
    Free Member

If you ride on wet roots or rocks the NN's are lethal. Nokian NBX or Maxxis (not the hardest compound) have bucketloads more grip in the wet, and most importantly lose it in a predictable manner.

giantjason
    Free Member

I have high rollers front and ignitor rear – both 2.35. Great setup for trail centre use.

FOSHOYAHO
    Free Member

Intense cc225. used these for a year or 2 now. love em. 660g roll well on hardpack and grip in all sorts of wet brown stuff

RealMan
    Free Member

Another vote for rubber queens 2.2.

Ignitors and RRs are not AM tyres.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Sheez AM tyres? Is Am hardcore xc or light freeride?

Anyhow I have a 2.1 ignitor on the rear which I love at the moment. I am running a heavier tube in it though and mix it with a 2.35 highroller supertacky for scary stuff or a 2.35 blue groove for the lighter jaunts.

I wouldn't put an ignitor up front though. Great for the rear.

Candodavid
    Free Member

linky stuff

Work fantastic in all conditions all year round, grip across the board.

Excellent tyre!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tyres, Yes sorry :) Which one set of A/M tyres, light for most weather?’ is closed to new replies.