Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tyres in pairs?
  • FOG

Just got back from a ride/walk where the side wall on my rear tyre (Rocket Ron) split dramatically. This is quite a recent tyre with hardly any wear yet so I am not inclined to buy another RR but being Xmas skint I don’t want to buy another front tyre to match. So, will I die if my rear tyre doesn’t match and any particular brand or model to go with a front RR in 2.25?

stevied
    Free Member

You’ll probably find that most people run different F/R tyres because they are designed to do different things. I run a Maxxis Minion 2.5″ DHF front and 2.3″ High Roller II rear.
    My front is a triple compound for improved grip when leant over, the rear is a harder compound for longer life.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Definetly, I never run the same tyres front and rear. If you’re skint pick up a conti baron, less than £15 and excellent on the back, heavy but really good winter tyre. I swap my front depending on conditions and trails but the Baron always stays on the back in the winter.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve got a Bontrager XR4 2.35″ on the front and a Maxxis High Roller 2.35″ on the rear.

Not dead yet (Death was far more likely with a HR on the front!)

Northwind

I think at the moment only my commuter has the same tyres front and back.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Yep I run a Maxxis Minion DHF 2.35 front and Maxxis Medusa 2.1 rear all year round and while the Medusa is apparently a mud tyre I find it works bang on for my riding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tyres in pairs?’ is closed to new replies.