Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • tyres for rollers / turbo
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

what, if any, is the difference between tyres sold as specific for turbo / rollers, and normal tyres, for the road/cross bike?

my daughter is using the rollers a lot right now, and I need some new tyres for her, just wondering if specific tyres are better. Or do I just buy some cheap rubber in the sales??

mrblobby
    Free Member

I really like my turbo specific tyres. They are generally much harder than road tyres and better able to cope with the heat generated. Find they are a lot quieter than soft road rubber, especially on rollers, and after a couple of years on the turbo they look like lasting pretty much forever! I think they also deform less so work better against the roller.

Don’t have any heavy old tyres to compare them to, which I know a lot on here use. They are much better than soft racey rubber though.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Zero I’ve done some 2.5k on my turbo bike on the tyres it came with. Save your money.

mrblobby
    Free Member

They will work fine, and that’s what I used for years. Though once i tried trainer specific tyres i found them to be better, and if I was buying tyres specifically for the turbo then that’s what I’d get. My road tyres are now generally a lot more expensive than my trainer ones too.

chriswilk
    Free Member

I need some sharpish, so off to Decathlon at lunchtime. They have some decent cheap tyres and also some trainer specific ones (I think).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘tyres for rollers / turbo’ is closed to new replies.