Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyres for Fiesta ST?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

mrs rocket has a Fiesta ST in need of some new front tyres. We’ve owned it a few years and tried:

Conti Sport Contact (OE, OK, expensive)
    Falken somethingorother (good, inexpensive)
    Toyo T1R (very good, inexpensive, astronomical wear rate)
    Yokohama S-drive (good, inexpensive)

All pretty much the same sort of thing and I’m tempted by another pair of S-Drives but wondered what else is out there. 205/40 x 17

Ta

footflaps

Pirelli Pilot Sport – ran them on the V6 Golf and they gave incredible grip.

kiwijohn

I’ve just replaced the T1R’s on my 06 Zetec S with Bridgestone Potenza RE002’s.
    I’m very impressed with the performance so far & they were cheaper as well. The Toyos were great when new, but got very noisy when half worn.
    The Bridgestones feel smoother & still haven’t got them to step out yet with some spirited driving.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Bridgestone potenzas on my R32 have worn really well, little bit of road noise on harsh surfaces but shoulder wear is in line with Central tread wear rate….unlike soft shouldered Contis….
    Suppose the trade off over some of your other choices is price per mile.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

If your key considerations are cost and wear rate, just get some fuel savers on there. Do you drive the car in a way that will expose the performance limitations of a chepaer less sporty tyre? If so, you shouldn’t be worrying about costs! 🙂

legend
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

Pirelli Pilot Sport

erm, Michelin Pilot Sports? Pirrelli P Zero Neros would be another call, currently have them on the front of the Clio with good results

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyres for Fiesta ST?’ is closed to new replies.