Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tyres for BPW
  • golo
    Free Member

Off there on Sunday. Can’t remember how many of the trails are au naturel vs gravelled. Something like Magic Mary’s or spikier?

weeksy

Mm will be spot on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As long as they’re uplift specific, obviously.

warns74
    Free Member

I always make sure I take the time to fit my black ones for bike park Wales, it’s a lot of hassle but well worth it.

oliverracing

I can confirm worn out Ikons in December is not a good call, especially on some of the muddier reds…

colournoise

Same as for everywhere else.

Butcher/Purgatory or Butcher/Slaughter depending on time of year.

golo
    Free Member

I’m always impressed by the speed, helpfulness and witticism of this place. Salutes, kudos and thanks all.

swillybey
    Free Member

Magic Mary up front and whatever floats your boat out back would be a good choice I think. Totally depends what runs you do of course, but that should be a good compromise.

A few muddier bits on enter the dragon and vicious valley but MM should cope well.

mark90
    Free Member

Was there a couple of weeks ago, it was wet. DHF/DHR2 were spot on for the mix of surfaces. No worries on vicious valley / bonneyville, enter the dragon, which as said are quite natural. MM will be fine, especially if you’re tending towards the reds/blacks, the blues are a bit more surfaced.

jekkyl

yes you’ll definitely need tyres for bpw, preferably round ones.

maxtorque

BPW isn’t especially slippy or especially rough, so you’ll get down on pretty much anything. Because it also isn’t very steep (for the most part) if you ride the blues / reds, you might actually prefer something a bit faster rolling than a MM?

Northwind

Some of the blacks are pretty rough and ready… I never felt the need for big spikes though, it mostly doesn’t go deep mud, just a slimy layer. Soft compound’s good for the rocks though.

I think I’d be on Minions. Worked well last time. Highroller/Captain I used the time before was pretty bloomin sketchy at times.

hambl90
    Free Member

Was there yesterday , Hans dampf front , slaughter rear with no problems at all.

takisawa2

Magic Mary front, Dampf rear.
    Big ones, run tubeless.

legend
    Free Member

sofaboy73
    Free Member

As others have said, a MM will be more than adequate, all the trails are pretty hard pack so mud / loam grip isn’t an issue. I would recommend the super gravity flavour of schwables (or other tyre manufactures re-enforced tyres), not because it’s particularly rocky or you’re likely to shred a tyre, but if you’re on the uplift and you do pop a tube or bust your tubeless, you’ll miss out on at least one or two runs sorting it out. As your not riding up, so no weight penalty, you may as well. I had s very frustrating day with normal schwables snake skin tyres when I only got 5 runs in because my tubeless wouldn’t seal after one or two hard runs. My favoured choice there would be high roller 2’s

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tyres for BPW’ is closed to new replies.