Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tyres for an OnOne Fatty – advice please
  • igm

Ok I’m a bike tart. I got the orange Vee Missons ‘cod they look nice on the bike.

They don’t like mud though

I was thinking Floater on the back – paddle tread ought to work – but what about the front?

Nate even though it’s slightly smaller than the Floater?

Will a Bud fit?

What’s good in the slop?

And don’t say 2″ Mud X ‘cos I’ve got them on the singlespeed and I’m looking for a fat option.

rOcKeTdOg

Floaters work well in NWAlps mud which is quite loamy but there are dropping under the bead issues at low pressure, running around 9psi any lower and tyre will pop under the bead & get very wobbly

shaggy

The Vee’s are rubbish. On a budget, and for mixed used, I’d say it’s hard to beat a Floater rear Nate 120tpi front. IMO it’s not worth bothering with the non 120 Surly tyres. Buds are ace though.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Running a Floater on the front of my half-fat, and for a budget tyre, can’t complain. Having said that, had a wee go of a pals 9:zero:7, (shod with Husker Du’s) a couple of weeks ago in the mud and the slippy roots – really impressed with them – supple and grippy. Expensive though.

singlespeedstu

there are dropping under the bead issues at low pressure, running around 9psi any lower and tyre will pop under the bead & get very wobbly

I’d say that was the rim causing that.
    Mrs stu has floaters mounted tubeless on marge lights with no problems at propper low pressure.
    In fact last time I changed them I had to wrestle the tyre off the beadseat even with the valve core removed.

I’d go for a nate on the rear and a bud on the front awsum combo in the mud.

igm

Anyone know if the Bud fits a Fatty carbon (or steel to be honest) fork?

70mm Fatty rim if that helps.

coastkid
    Free Member

Nates, yeah they drag a bit, but it`s a Fatbike!, still ok for a 40 mile xc day

singlespeedstu

Fits the carbon fork on a rolling d rim.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ndw6ni]DSCF3092[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

igm

On a Rolling D? Definitely on a Fatty rim then.

I see a plan…

bedmaker

Bud front, nate rear. Great combo.

I run Bud both ends all year round now, great tyre and no need to faff with changing tyres ever 🙂

officerfriendly
    Free Member

IMO it’s not worth bothering with the non 120 Surly tyres

How is it not worth bothering with the non 120 Surly tyres? I honestly do not understand what you are talking about??? I have 27tpi Knards, Nate and Larry and they’re fine?

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Pretty impressed with maxxis mammoths. Great grip, roll well. Definitely an improvement on Floaters. Knobs are bigger than photo suggests btw.

hot_fiat

Are those the original On-One rims drilled out? What size hole did you shoehorn in there?

MadBillMcMad

@igm,
    Yes Bud fits a n OnOne Carbon fork.

I also put a Nate on the back.
    Both 120TPI.

Both simply awesome, especially that 4.8″ up front, felt like I was on a DH rig, soaking up all the bumps & ruts & climbed every muddy slope I put in front of it.

Not tried floaters as I was coming from those crappy Vees

MadBillMcMad
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tyres for an OnOne Fatty – advice please’ is closed to new replies.