Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tyres again – Ralphs/Rons 21. v 2.25?
  • manilow
    Free Member

Hi all, I need some help as to what tyre width I should go for for my tubeless wheel set up.

The wheels are my lighter wheels (ZTR Alpines) so will predominantly go on my racing hardtail (26″).

I currently run Racing Ralph 2.1 on the back and Rons 2.1 on the front and have the same combo for my full suss but in 2.25 format, on another set of wheels with tubes.

I’d like to be able to use the one set and swap the wheels over to the full sus for a couple of mtb marathons I’m doing this year. As it’s tubeless, I’d rather fit them once and ont ahve to change again (tyres are currently off the tubeless set as they are in getting serviced).

So my question is if I had 2.1s on the full sus for more rooty/rocky riding, is that the best? However if I stick 2.25s on my tubeless wheels, that will be fine for the full sus, but will they be too weighty for my more XC-oriented racing.

Options:

– stick the 2.1s on the Alpines and be done with it, and keep the 2.25s with tubes on my heavier wheelset
    – stick the 2.25s on the Alpines and be done with it

I know I’m being a big woman, but these things are important!

Thanks!

LoCo
    Free Member

2.25 front and 2.1 rear on both 😉

nickc

I found 2.1 Ralphs ( never tried Rons, so no comment) a bit of a liability when things got a bit rocky. Ran them tubless and they flatted with dull regularity on more extreme terrain. They seemed fine in more woodsy applications though.

manilow
    Free Member

Thanks guys, 2.25 front and 2.1 rear is the winner. Will try and see how it goes.

Cheers for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tyres again – Ralphs/Rons 21. v 2.25?’ is closed to new replies.