Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tyres
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I currently have MaxxPro High Rollers F+R that I am quite happy with but the front one has got a cut in the sidewall. So I need to order another tyre, I'm thinking about a super tacky High Roller on the front or getting a Larson TT FR MaxxPro and putting that on the back to speed me up a bit.

The bike is used for General trail riding including trail centres and some DH. I am off to UK Bike ark in a couple of weeks so it needs to cope with that too. Bike is a Pitch FWIW.

Does anybody have any experience with this combo? Or any other good (and cheap) options.

Thanks

GW
    Free Member

I'd simply patch the inside of the cut tyre with a piece of flat plastic (drink bottle would do) glue it in place and cover with a bit of gaffer tape so it doesn't damage the innertube. but then, I am a bit of a pikey when it comes to tyres.

unless you are only riding DH, I'd avoid anything softer than a maxxpro front or rear. the gain in front tyre grip is simply not worth the extra drag. quite why you'd choose a ST Highroller up front with a maxxpro larson rear is beyond my comprehension. a Minion DHF on the front and bling bling rear (both maxxpro) would be a fast rolling combo with similar traits (both tyres have almost the same edge but blings have a low profile centre tread and roll a lot faster)
    You obviously think you need a lot more front tyre grip than rear so simply run lower pressure front than rear to gain it.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I thought the general consensus was to run a larger grippyer tyre on the front because its more important that the front grips and therefore you can ride more aggressively.

As for the ST front and the Larson rear you didnt read the or. The combo im thinking about is either High Roller ST front and High Roller MaxxPro rear OR High Roller MaxxPro front with Larson MaxxPro rear.

The cut is from the bead towards the tread so I dont think it can be fixed.

And just to clear things up I only need one tyre I still have one good MaxxPro High Roller.

I_Ache
    Free Member

**** it I ordered the Larsons.

chvck
    Free Member

I ran a High Roller fronnt and Larsen rear for quite a while, I thought it was a good combo!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tyres’ is closed to new replies.