Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tyre wall split,what should I do
  • santac
    Free Member

Have got a split on my sidewall of my nobby nic it's about 20mm long should I just bin it?
    There is plenty of life left in the tyre can I get away with duct tape on the inside and superglue the outside?
    Thoughts please?

duckers
    Free Member

It all depends how old your tyre is and how much trust you would have in a fix but…..

Halfords sell large "self cut" inner tube patches for about 3 quid, I have used these before on the inside of the tyre,, to make a nice strong fix cut a piece of patch that covers the hole and overlaps by a fair bit and stick it on, then cut a second larger piece of patch, by a fair bit and stick it over the first one to give it a bit more strength, then finally if you like stick some duck/gaffer tape over it.

I've had no trouble with tyres I've fixed like this before and they've even been fine running tubeless after that.

brakes
    Free Member

You can get self-adhesive tyre patches – just use one of them and it'll be good as new.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've repaired tyres before when I was student. Sew it up, patch on the inside and superglue in the rubber on the outside.

naokfreek
    Free Member

New Tyre…..

EdwardH

Patch it up, I tore a hole in my rear Maxis Advantage, used a temporary patch for the day then put a larger patch over the top when home, its been fine for months.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

sew it with dental floss – loads of vulcanizing solution on the outside. On the inside, rough up slightly, vulcansing solution and a heavy duty patch

IdleJon

Park do (temporary) tyre boots for this sort of situation. No idea how long they ares supposed to last though.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Sprinkle it with Pixi dust – works for me!

santac
    Free Member

just off down the garden !Like the sound of the pixie dust 😉

peachos
    Free Member

chop up an old tyre and superglue it in the inside

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tyre wall split,what should I do’ is closed to new replies.