Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tyre use after using poo sticks??
  • jimmon2008
    Free Member

Hi all, as per title, fitted a brand new tyre and punctured it and had to repair it with a poo stick. The hole is in the main tread area and tyre has stayed up so far.

Will it be ok to continue to use on natural trails with lots of knarrrr lol

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Pop the tyre off, trim off the inside bit of the anchovy and fit a tubeless repair patch. Jobs a good un.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Or just leave it there. Did one ages ago and it was fine, tyre eventually failed at the sidewall instead.

Rubber_Buccaneer

If a poo stick is anything like a sticky worm then I have been testing this for you over the past three weeks and it is holding up fine so far. I am so lazy I will not take any further action until the earlier of the tyre going down or wearing out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I use mackerel.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Think my record was about 5 anchovies in a tyre. Fit and forget

spooky_b329

I always leave them in. Only had one fail and I repaired it with two doubled up.

They’ve been so effective I’ve bought a red plastic screw in variant for the car which hopefully will save messing about with the tyre sealant to get to a tyre shop.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah just leave it alone. I usually trim it down from the outside to avoid the possibility it could catch on something.

RustySpanner

poo sticks

CaptainFlashheart – Member

I use mackerel.

We use paper like everyone else.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rubber_Buccaneer

They’ve been so effective I’ve bought a red plastic screw in variant for the car which hopefully will save messing about with the tyre sealant to get to a tyre shop.

I use a bigger version on my motorcycle and car tyres and treat them as fit and forget. All previously have outlasted the tyre, one is in a rear tyre right now. I wouldn’t recommend others do the same but they sure are effective.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tyre use after using poo sticks??’ is closed to new replies.