Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tyre repair
  • singletracksurfer

Anyone used the Park tyre boot patch? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Park_Tools_Emergency_Tyre_Boot_Patch/5360013014/

I’m loathed to chuck away a new Pananracer Razer tyre that got a slash on side wall on the very first ride (and right at the start).

How many/much do you get in a pack are do they last at all (as they recommend you still replace the tyre)? Or any other recommendations. Thinking about stitching it back up and doing my own bodge.

james
    Free Member

3 in a pack

When I came to use one a while back, (on a continental) it wouldn’t stick properly. At 20 psi there was a buldge in the tyre

I reckon you’d be better sticking it back together with a big (thick?) inner tube patch. If you can’t find a big enough bike one, you could use a car or motorbike tube patch (or tractor or lorry/bus one) instead?

zangolin
    Free Member

A bit of a p***** personally I would just take the hit + replace the tyre. Depending on the slash size it’s going to be a minor/major weakpoint even with a boot. If it causes a high speed blowout + crash is it worth a visit to A&E or worse?

KonaTC

I have previously used a car puncture patch and super glued the cut but that was in the centre of the tread

Stoner
    Free Member

I stich slashes with dental floss. works fine, costs nothing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

What stoner says. Glue and dental floss. bit of old innertube on the inside if you really want

singletracksurfer

ah dental floss – knew there was some random to do the stitching.
    Will do that bodge. Briliant, thanks.

taka
    Free Member

i got given a paneracer trailblazer of someone off here with a tear in it used on of thoese patches still cruzin good no probs yet

cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tyre repair’ is closed to new replies.