Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tyre repair patch
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Anyone know of a tyre repair kit available for when you split the sidewall of a tyre? Wondered if there’s a purpose made patch available or do we just use multiple inner tube patches?

stevied
    Free Member

Depends how big the split is. You could try a tubeless tyre repair kit

stevied
    Free Member

wrong thread 🙁

jonba
    Free Member

If you want a cheap option on the trail then an old toothpaste tube will do as well any sort of flexible yet tough plastic.

PaulD
    Free Member

Some very cheap puncture fixing kits still have a piece of ‘tarred’ canvas which is intended as a tyre patch. Use the (flammable) glue on both tyre and patch, leave to dry, glue again and leave to dry, then attach. Dust around it with chalk and the job is a good one.

Inside of tyre wall must be clean and dry before you glue it.
    I have had poor results with non-flammable glue.

PaulD

messiah
    Free Member

A couple of layers of this as big as you need. If the split is big/gaping then stitch and glue as required. Superglue is fine on the outside and use normal vulcanising solution on the inside. Works a treat for me and I regularly slice sidewalls 🙄 .

fibre
    Free Member

Lezyne “Smart Kit” is £3 and comes with 6 adhesive tube patches and 1 tyre boot.

joeegg
    Free Member

The Park kit is very poor value as the patches are just not sticky enough.I used an energy gel wrapper on a road bike in the Alps to get me back,then stuck on a new tyre.Any piece of tough flexible plastic will do the job of a patch kit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tyre repair patch’ is closed to new replies.