Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tyre recommendations please..( Van content )
  • tymbian
    Free Member

59 plate Sprinter 16inch..bearing in mind we’ve a winter coming..

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Just having a similar thought for my Vito… the Contis it came with are looking a bit thin! Just wondering if I *have* to fit van tyres…

ElShalimo

Hankook Vantra

maccruiskeen

General Eurovan winters on my sprinter. Great in heavy rain, Great in snow, Gets you out of gloopy highland soft verges.

spooky_b329

Toyo H09 (not snowflake marked but has all the winter tyre features, good in mud too)

I needed even better mud performance so have just got some General Tire AT2’s, there are light truck versions for commercials.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whatever the LTS has on a good deal.. mid range, mid price decent tread – got me through plenty of winters up north.

nosedive
    Free Member

I have had maxxis vanpro on my vito, decent all round tyre (not a winter tyre but quite an agressive tread). Cost me about 90 each and they are wearing well, look like they are about 50% worn after 9000 miles

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just wondering if I *have* to fit van tyres..

Don’t need to be van specific but must be weight and speed rated as per the owners hand book or the sticker on the door reveal on drivers side.

spooky_b329

You really should be looking at a C (commercial) rated 8 ply commercial tyre. Otherwise an insurance company could claim lesser tyres were fitted (even if technically they meet the load rating)

With the range of tyres available you’ve got quite a choice as long as you’ve still got standard size wheels fitted. You can even get proper 80:20 offroad tyres often fitted to Land Rovers, rated for a commercial.

bigad40
    Free Member

Last week I picked up a massive bolt in my tyre, 2nd or 3rd time its happened thankfully repairable.
    Budget tyres haven’t been bad for a long time now unlike a few years back when they were made out of recycle bin liners and pva. They don’t last as long as premium tyres but the crap that I’ve picked up means that didn’t really matter.
    KP tyres in Ewell, Surrey are awesome!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tyre recommendations please..( Van content )’ is closed to new replies.