• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Tyre Recommendation
  • pjls12
    Free Member

off to wales soon and wanted to put new tyres on the bike anyone got a recommendation for me.
    thanks in advance

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Are we supposed to be psychic?

wwaswas

I’ve recently learned that Wales is bigger than 20 football pitches, unless you use really stretchy football piches.

hth.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Proper LOL.

So you’ve specified a country and a time of year, of course we can recommend a tyre!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I found round rubber ones where the best.

yoshimi

In all seriousness – my black chili rubber queens have been pretty much faultless in all* conditions

*NW England that is

jimification
    Free Member

deleted post.

cakefacesmallblock

What do you ride ?
    Where do you intend to ride ( apart from Wales, generally) ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Are you taking the bike to Wales ?

pjls12
    Free Member

very funny all of you, i am new to all this forum lark. I am doing some trail centres one of which is coed llandegla just was not sure on which tyres are best

ruscle
    Free Member

Bontrager XR4 team issues are good. Make sure you go to Coed y brenin.

br
    Free Member

Bontrager XR4 team issues are good

Except in claggy bridleway mud…, as found out on Tuesday

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Grippy ones!

campfreddie
    Free Member

just for a giggle i’ve just ordered a pair of Michelin Wild Race’R Advanced tubeless jobbies from CRC (2.0 rear and 2.1 front)… came in at about £48 the pair and they are both underweight against manufacturers estimations (the 2.0 comes in at 500g on the button).

they are going to be awful in the mud, but i am hoping that will be a nice alternative to Rocket Ron/Racing Ralph or Speed King combos.

i’m going to run them with Joe’s no flat conversion kits.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Maxxis High Roller front and Maxxis Larson rear. Both 2.35 both Maxxpro.

Unless its very muddy these will be fine. Even in shallow mud they work really well, you wouldn’t think so to look at the tread pattern on the larson.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I have Mountain King Tubeless on my bike but they are a bit sketchy, the bike came with The Captain Control 2Bliss MTB tyres which were very grippy on nearly all terrain yet they punctured and split easily, the compund is quite soft on the Captain Controls hence the grip.Shame they are not tougher tyres as they were very confidence inspiring, may give High rollers a go next. 😕 I ride all over North Wales.

chvck
    Free Member

That’s exactly what I run year round for XC duties. I live near nan-y-arian.

tony24
    Free Member

If you can afford the conti black chili tyres get them my x king have been brillaint. Remember to go for a protection version or ust the rocks at coed y brenin like to ruin lightweight tyres.

ruscle
    Free Member

True about the Bontragers XR4’s in mud but great on rocks and loose gravel surfaces, so great for the Welsh trail centres.

I_Ache
    Free Member

That’s exactly what I run year round for XC duties

I use them for most of the year for everything from little rides in the woods to trail centres to DH. I only put swamp things on when it gets really sticky.

prezet
    Free Member

I run exactly the same.

spudnick
    Free Member

maxxis ignitor exception series 2.35. plenty of grip in the corners, pretty fast rolling and good protection against pinch flats. running them front and rear, and had no problems at cwmcarn last sunday in the snow and ice

nick

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Tyre Recommendation’ is closed to new replies.