Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tyre recommend, please
  • slightreturn
    Free Member

Looking at replacing my tyres and want some good rolling and good grip tyres. I’m not really into seasonal changing so some good all rounders please.

Thanks

slightreturn
    Free Member

My old ones are panaracer cinders

chrishc777
    Free Member

Fast rolling and non seasonal in the UK? best of luck!

Wally

My old ones are are a Dart front and Smoke back

chrishc777
    Free Member

All round UK combo for me would be Chunky Monkey front, minion 2.35 rear, not fast rolling but I wouldn’t want to face winter with much less

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Been rolling around on Onza Ibex, Dual Ply, triple compound, 2.4 front and Kenda Kinetics 2.35 front on the rear 8O, certainly not fast rolling but grips well in all but the worst slop that would give mud tyres a hard time.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Spesh purgatory and butcher

fudge9202
    Free Member

Rubber Queen front, MkII rear both black chili.

jonba
    Free Member

Continental X king if you are more XC. Get on really well with mine.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I will tend to swap the rear to an Ardent during long dry periods but for general duties around the West Country and South Wales I use a Highroller II up front with a Minion Dhr behind. Always tubeless, single ply, 2.3-2.35, 60a. Grip is ace although I couldn’t comment on drag…….just pedal harder

Bigmantrials

I am with bushwacked, currently running a Specialized Butcher front and Purgatory rear on my 29er, they have been on all winter and I don’t really plan on changing them for the rest of the rear, they seem like a great all round combination!

slackalice
    Free Member

Hutchinson Toro’s

Just to be different 😉

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Ardents. I do significantly less in the winter, but when I do, Ardents are more than capable.

rhayter

High Roller II up front, Ardent in the rear (ooh, er missus etc.)

colournoise

Did last summer and right through the winter on a Butcher front and Captain rear absolutely fine. Helped by a dry winter admittedly, but in a more usual season a Purgatory out back would have coped fine I reckon (and we have fair bit of mud round here!)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tyre recommend, please’ is closed to new replies.