Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tyre pressure limits on Stans rims, is it important, or only if tubeless?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Just wondering and I'm bored at work … I have a pair of Flow's and from memory, as I'm at work, I think it says a maximum pressure of 38psi for 2.3 tyres, is this ONLY if you run them tubeless, just read a thread where a few people said they had tyres blow off the rims at 50 or 60 psi when they were trying to seat them, I'm running tubes on mine at the moment cos I can't be bothered with tubeless just yet and I usually put in about 40 – 45psi ??

Onzadog
    Free Member

yes, often comes up on the stans forum but with a tube, the pressure listed on the tyre is the limiting factor. Stick what you like in there mate

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Great, cheers, so when I go tubeless I'll stick to the limits.

RealMan
    Free Member

Just to say I've raced tubeless with 50+ psi in my stans 355 with rq 2.2s (which are big), and they were fine.

njee20
    Free Member

Why on earth would you do that? I can't think of anything worse!

FWIW, the Podium MMX has a limit of 34psi or something and that's because the spoke bed is so heavily machined that there's a risk of cracking on higher pressures, tubes or tubeless. Other rims should be fine though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tyre pressure limits on Stans rims, is it important, or only if tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.