• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by momo.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tyre lust
  • deviant
    Free Member

Was in my LBS yesterday waiting for my bike, had a mooch about as you do and came across a Whyte with what can only be described as the most awesome tyres I’ve seen in the flesh…they were massive and the tread looked like a cross between a new DHR2 and a Mary.

I assumed they were pluses and walked away, something drew me back however and I was both astonished and pleased to see they were 2.5 (and looked a genuine 2.5, not like Maxxis 2.5)…they were a WTB Convict and I’m in love.

Ordered one last night, can’t wait to stick it on the front.

Rubber_Buccaneer

They do look good, did you go for the light high grip for the front? What forks were on the Whyte, I’m a little sceptical about clearance in a non boost Pike for proper 2.5″ tyres but I bet the Whyte was boost.

hairyscary

I recently purchased a Vitus Sommet that came with WTB Vigilante and Trail Boss tyres fitted. As a Maxxis fanboi I immediately ordered a Minion and DHR2 to replace them, the Maxxis tyres are yet to be fitted as the WTB tyres are really good.
    I’m pretty sure I’ll be going for a Convict light high-grip on the front and a Vigilante tough fast rolling for the rear as the trails gets crappy.
    The new WTB range looks really well thought out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Was in my LBS yesterday waiting for my bike,

as the most awesome tyres I’ve seen in the flesh

they were a WTB Convict and I’m in love.

I think you have managed to disgust all of STW from being in a bike shop to a tyre fetish, it’s almost like your name means something

Northwind

My name is Northwind, and I am a tyroholic. It has been… 5 weeks, 1 day, since I last bought a tyre. Right now I have an irresistable lust for either a der baron 2.5 or a shorty 2.5 wt. The only reason I haven’t ordered one is I can’t decide which, and I don’t want to philander…

(I saw Andy Barlow has the 2.5 Convict, on a big fat set of enves, it looks pretty amazing tbh)

stevied
    Free Member

Damn you! I told myself I wasn’t going to buy a new tyre this month as I don’t have the wide rims for Maxiis WT’s… 😈

MUST RESIST as it looks pretty impressive

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m waiting for the new Maxxis B+ offerings (esp the HR).

Can’t afford them but maybe me they’ll let me stroke/sniff them… 😳

Northwind

Oh well. My name is Northwind and I am a tyraholic. It has been 5 minutes since I bought a tyre 😆

fifeandy
    Free Member

maybe me they’ll let me stroke/sniff them…

I thought it was just me that had those desires – glad to know i’m not alone

stevied
    Free Member

It has been 5 minutes since I bought a tyre

Good work NW, reviews asap please 😉

ferrals
    Free Member

Oh well. My name is Northwind and I am a tyraholic.

Me too, but i find its more acceptable to the mainstream just to explain all my spare money goes on my rubber fetish

momo

Pah, no 26″ version, I’m out 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tyre lust’ is closed to new replies.