• This topic has 21 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by GJP.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Tyre levers
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Snapped one tonight on an incredibly tight islabike tyre.
    Needing some new ones.
    What do people recommend.
    What about these ones like the quik stick and the speedy crank bros tool?

scotroutes

Pedros

shindiggy
    Free Member

I use Park tyre levers. But I did snap three last week fitting new tyres to new rims, the levers were a good 7 or 8 years old though.

Need to get some more

TiRed

I like Tacx. They have a neat little hook that slides under the bead without pulling the rest of the tye bead too tight. I also have used Park and snapped a few on a recalcitrant nobby nic.

superstu
    Free Member

I like pedros but can’t comment on the other recommendations

Rio

For those reluctant tyres that won’t go on any other way I find something like the Icetoolz DH lever usually does the trick. Be careful with the rims though.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Another one for pedros……I’ve gone though some changing roadie tyres as they are so tight…but the pedros ones are still going!!

bencooper
    Free Member

I only ever use proper steel tyre levers in the workshop – I’ve sanded off any rough corners.

tomhoward

Park TL-5s

Northwind

Pedros and Park are alright but Lezyne’s powerlevers are the best I’ve used. They do break, eventually, but til they do they’re very very good at tyres. Perfect hook, basically.

Junkyard
    Free Member

This as they always work and wont snap

fr0sty125
    Free Member

BTwin really thin so great for tight tyres?

MoreCashThanDash

Pedro’s here. Chunky, strong and bright colours when you drop them in the grass and/or dark.

windyg
    Free Member

Pedros & Park Tools here, I did break a Pedros but it was replaced under their lifetime warranty

JohnnyPanic

Pedro’s.
    But also Birzman as they’re much stronger than they look and thinner than the Pedro’s which helps sometimes.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Park, Pedros or Continental are my choices. I’ve broken several of each over the years but then again I’ve broken or bent most brands of tyre levers including steel ones.

Tom KP

joshvegas
    Free Member

Schwalbe ones here they’re fantastic. So goid I have about 15 for various bags and things.

onandon
    Free Member

I used to use pry-baby’s , on one do a copy of this lever. They’re great but started using the park ones which are as good but IMHO work better with carbon rims.

z1ppy

pedro’s, there no way I’d trust myself with steels ones.

fbk
    Free Member

Pedros here – they’ve been the default level fo DH tyres for years.

These were at the Cycleshow though and looked interesting/very tough.

andyfla
    Free Member

Pedros are awsome,
    Park are the worst I have ever used

GJP
    Free Member

TACX ones here for both road and MTB. Never broken one. I notice the pedros are sold in pairs and the TACX in threes. Depending on the tyre I sometimes need to use all three to free the bead, although I would not say changing tyres and tubes is my strongest point.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Tyre levers’ is closed to new replies.