Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyre for Stans Arch Ex 29 – what fits?
  • vorlich
    Free Member

New wheelset arrived, and I’ve just been out fitting my Ardent /Race King combo, and in both instances had to use 2x tyre levers and **** off screwdriver to mount them. Broke a tyre lever too.

All very well and good, but given this is my bikepacking bike, I need to be able to fix punctures easily on the trail, potentially miles from anywhere.

Can anyone recommend some fast rolling tyres that fit without resorting to this bullshit? Shame as I really like the Ardent/Race King. 🙁

scotroutes

Ardents on Arch Ex can be done with no levers. Learn how to fit tyres properly and you’ll have more choice 🙂

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Never had any trouble even without levers, are you using tubes?

vorlich
    Free Member

Fitted plenty of tyres over the years without issue. I don’t believe for a second that its possible to get my Ardent onto my rim without tools.

vorlich
    Free Member

Yup using tubes.

scotroutes

I’m using tubes too. If you’re convinced that your Ardent is to blame, try another?

vorlich
    Free Member

Well, the Ardent was fine on my old Superstar wheelset. So I’d say it was this particular tyre/rim combination. I wonder if wheelset being room temperature, and tyres relatively cold might have been a factor.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyre for Stans Arch Ex 29 – what fits?’ is closed to new replies.