Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tyre for Glentress?
  • BillyBull
    Free Member

Anyone ride there a lot and got a good ides on what works best? Will be on red and blue as taking it easy as wrist is knacked.

Ta

AlasdairMc

Anything, absolutely anything. Red and blue are both smooth enough for you to not worry about grip and well drained enough to avoid the need for mud considerations

cynic-al
    Free Member

any decent 700 x 23 should be fine 😛

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Was just about to say that – it's a road, take what you want!

radoggair
    Free Member

any decent 700 x 23 should be fine

not far off

Apart from whatsever in your garage, stick to a fast rear ( geax saguaro etc) and a grippy front ( maxxis high roller, minion etc). If your doing the black where dare i say it, there will be some rocks then keep to same combo but dont touch anything made by 'there's a sharpish object, time to puncture 'Schwalbe

pinches
    Free Member

i use a high roller on the front and a larsen TT on the back when we go there.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Actually I shouldn't laugh as I wiped out on spooky with some semi slicks recently 😐

BillyBull
    Free Member

Not going to be doing black as broke my wrist on it a couple of months back and pinned but still not fixed fully yet. Was up on red and blue last weekend but some of the trail fairies appeared to be running big minions. Was just wondering what local knowledge was. Ta

pinches
    Free Member

well, i assume most people don't have numerous sets of tyres for every different trail. i used to run DH16s everywhere at one time.

shteve
    Free Member

i was up there on saturday and have minions and found it pretty grippy on the red. Having been riding at laggan the previous weekend though i found GT to be pretty rough in parts and in need of a bit of work. tyres were spot on though!

cynic-al
    Free Member

i used to run DH16s everywhere at one time.

That's impressive.

pinches
    Free Member

one word – drag!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was thinking more of the metaphysical aspect…

WTF
    Free Member

Goodyear Eagles are good for getting up to carpark after that anything goes.

Northwind

Just whatever tyre you like. I've found small block 8s are pretty fantastic on the surfaced trails, grippy and fast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tyre for Glentress?’ is closed to new replies.