Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tyre decisions, Nobby Nics/Advantages or something else?
  • SirHC

Putting together a long travel hardtail. Fancy a change from the usual high roller I’ve been using before. Any advice on which to go for, dont encounter much deep mud.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Maxxis Ardent or slightly faster rolling Maxxis Aspen.

druidh
    Free Member

I use Nobby Nics on my Blur but went for Advantages on my mmmBop and I’m finding them to be absolutely brilliant. So much so, I was just thinking tonight that I should put the NNs on STW classifieds!

lunge

Minion DHF?

jonnyrockymountain

2.25 ardents brilliant

br
    Free Member

NN 2.4’s work well both ends on my 456 for rocky areas, or NN 2.25 on the front and a Larsen 2.35 on the rear for more mixed routes.

andy7t2
    Free Member

i use NN and Minion DHF both great tyres but i prefer the NN but the are the 2.4 version (tractor tyres)

not used either in muddy conditions yet so still waiting to see how they get on in the winter

igm

I was happiest with a Nevegal front, Small Block 8 rear combination.

SirHC

I’ve got Minion DHF’s on my DH bike, bit too draggy for trail riding.

RockyRobin
    Free Member

I love it when you talk rubber- I have high roller front and crossmark rear ( I think!), replacing wolverines (fast, no grip). Done 15 miles cross country this afternoon with a couple of good rocky downs and the mud and wet (very wet…Pennine wet!!) and I have to say I like the high roller for traction, slow on flat, grips in the mud and good control when you ping it down a steep one!

Interested to see what you go for?

chiefgrooveguru

Bontrager XR4 is rather nice – you’ll need plenty of clearance to fit the 2.35 but even the 2.2 is BIG. Quick rolling for such a grippy tyre. Tubelesses well too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tyre decisions, Nobby Nics/Advantages or something else?’ is closed to new replies.