Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tyre combo – Mucoff 8 content
  • GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Doing the Mucoff enduro 8 in 2 weeks. having never ridden down there (kent) i am unsure of the best tyre sfor the conditions.
    They must be 2bliss/tubeless ready (not ust)

Was thinking a Spesh storm control front and a Spesh captain rear – anyone use this as a combo or recommend better?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

bump

spooky_b329

Thanks for reminding me…need to buy a new Bonty Jones ACX before this event…its getting close to a slick!

(as a do-anything tyre, no idea what would be best for muc-off)

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

I am thinking that a storm control on the front and a captain on the back would be a decent combo, otherwise its the nevegals on there now, or speedkings!

Bazz

For starters don't go to Kent, it's in East Sussex!! I'm going to be running Panaracer fire xc ro's f+r, but if his rain keeps up i'll have the Bonty mud x on stand by in the car.

robbo
    Free Member

Bit of a mixed bag down there. If the course stays away from the lakes anything will do as the fireroads and main trails are gravelly sand otherwise it can be very slippy. The main downhill is fine as long as the leaves have been blown.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

so what tyres?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

with hindsight, you needed something that coped with dry fire roads, soft earthy grass, hub deep gloop, slippy roots and greasy, semi dry clag.

If someone owns a tyre that does this, please let me know.

Mixed feelings about the event. good to kick off the season, but not the best organised, and pretty expensive.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

the 2.1 nevegals worked a treat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tyre combo – Mucoff 8 content’ is closed to new replies.