Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tyre Combination 29er (Conti Trail King Front and Race King Rear)
  • richtea44
    Free Member

Hi all

While I’m logged in thought I’d ask another quick Q.

I have Conti Trail Kings front and rear at the mo, but am looking at entering a couple of 1hr XC races.

If I put a race king on the back, would the trail king still be ok on the front to get a bit more grip.
    The course has a lot of hardpack but with a fine gravelly surface and switchback berms.

Thanks 🙂

richtea44
    Free Member

bump

the rear race king is a 2.0 and the front is a trail king 2.2

Just want to make sure that this isn’t a stupid combination that will make the bike unstable or anything?

Appreciate some advice – many thanks!

lunge

Not sure about that particular combo but I do like the RaceKing, in fact it is the only Conti tyre, road or MTB, that I like. It’s very fast, quite big for its size and actually surprisingly grippy.

I’ve just Googled the trail king and see it’s what was formally known at the Rubber Queen. I don’t see that being a bad combination at all actually, I run a High Roller front, RaceKing back in the summer and it works fine, lots of grip at the front and a fast, occasionally slidey tyre at the back.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richtea44
    Free Member

Thanks lunge.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tyre Combination 29er (Conti Trail King Front and Race King Rear)’ is closed to new replies.