Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tyre choices – Lancs/Lee Quarry etc
  • albino
    Free Member

Right – I've finally decided to take the Bonty Mud Xs off and am looking for ideas for something to see me through until the end of year mud-fest. Most of my riding is on moorland trails around lancs although there's always the odd foray into Hebden, Peaks, Lakes etc – there's also going to be plenty of riding around Lee Quarry, (prob once a week).

So has anyone got any recommendations for this mix. Rocky, muddy, (once the rain returns) and cobbly! Preferably something fairly fast rolling for the natural trails but tough enough to take on the rocks etc at the quarries.

They're going on a Giant Reign X1.
    Currently in the mix, (after reading several posts on here) are, Bontrager XR4, Conti Rubber Queens, Maxxis Advantage. Any other ideas or front/rear combinations?
    Cheers

albino
    Free Member

Nobody?? 🙂

Vortexracing

2.35 High Rollers, ST front and maxpro rear.

good, dependable all rounders

albino
    Free Member

Thanks for the idea Chucky, I've just had a look and I didn't realise there were so many options for High Rollers – from what I can see they don't seem to do those as a UST tyre (I'm hoping to try out tubeless – should have mentioned this in the OP), or have I missed some options. Any opinion on rolling resistance compared to any of the other options?
    Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tyre choices – Lancs/Lee Quarry etc’ is closed to new replies.