Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • tyre choices
  • bigfoot
    Free Member

been looking up what people are recommending tyre wise but still unsure what to go with.
    anyone able to compare my current rear tye which is a WTB trail boss fast rolling/tough with other tyres?

its my first mountain bike so its the only rear tyre i have any experience of although i have been happy with its performance. its done about 700 miles since i got the bike 4 months ago so has lasted well. not sure whether to try the high grip version of the same tyre or something different.

all my riding is in the lakes, mainly kentmere and ambleside areas so a lot of rocky terrain.

ratherbeintobago

not sure whether to try the high grip version of the same tyre or something different.

Would you not be better sticking with the harder compound on the back, and putting th high grip on the front?

Other options people seem to like: Ardents; Mountain Kings (or maybe that’s just me); for the back a Nobby Nick or Racing Ralph Pacestar?

bigfoot
    Free Member

the WTB vigilante on the front still has loads of life left in it and also gives me plenty of front grip anyway.

like i said with my limited skills(although improving all the time as i get more experience) i’m happy with the tyres i have now so i don’t want to spend £30/£45 on one and find its not as good.

hopefully will be a few out on our tuesday night ride tomorrow to get a few opinions from.

kimbers

On one smorgasbords cheap enough that if you hate it you’ll not be upset but pretty good anyway

bigfoot
    Free Member

the more i’m reading on the internet the more i’m thinking about sticking with the trail boss

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘tyre choices’ is closed to new replies.