Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tyre choice for Merida Selkirk 100k Marathon?
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

I am going to be doing this marathon in August and wanted to know what tyres to take for the event.

I am currently using Bontrager Jones XR and these are great on dusty dry tracks, but today found they are rubbish in the wet and on slippy rocks and roots.

As this event rides lots of the 7staines tracks I need opinions from people that ride there?

I have a pair of Kenda Nevegal 2.1’s and Bonty Mud X 2.1 & Trailrakers 1.9 to take but am not sure of the terrain.

HELP please?

singlespeedstu

I wouldn’t worry about it if I were you.

Just ride whatever’s on the bike.

AntM
    Free Member

if it thrashes it down like last year go for something that will handle the mud. if not go for kendas.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Stu, not after my off tonight ;). Need to really think about this as I am a little sore.

clareymorris

If it is anything like the last 2 years use something grippy on wet roots and mud!!!

roundwheels
    Free Member

re-tyre 8)

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Not a chance, have to race a mate and finish with pride. That is not an option I am afraid.

jonb
    Free Member

How late can you leave entries? Hoping to do it. I’ll be running an Advantage on the rear because after the effort of going ghetto it’s staying on there. On the front it will be and Bonty ACX.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Panracer xc Fire is my default option does it all reasonably well unless it’s thick gloopy mud! Have ridden all the Meridas this year on them from wet to dry and never had any concerns, but they’re not great at any 1 particular thing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tyre choice for Merida Selkirk 100k Marathon?’ is closed to new replies.