Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tyre burping
  • charliew

I recently bought my Bird Zero about 5 months ago and it’s been great. I’ve explored the southern Pennines, cycled round Lee and Cragg a few times, I entered round 3 of the PMBA enduro series, I’ve done a few bike packing style rides as well.

On my last ride I experienced tyre burping (twice) for the first time. Both times I had pulled the front wheel up to get over an obstacle of some sort. Once I landed the front wheel on a bit of an angle, the second time I think I landed it pretty straight. Both times sealant leaked out from the bead and both times I pumped the tyre up and had sealant foaming out of the valve.

I’ve got Maxxis High Roller 2s on Raceface Turbine wheels. After the enduro I trued my own wheel as it had got a bit buckled. But I don’t think that should make much difference?

I haven’t been out for a ride since, but it would be nice for it not to happen again!

Any ideas?

core

Slightly more pressure perhaps as a starting point, and check how stiff the sidewalls are, I shouldn’t have thought maxxis would give problems, but flimsier sidewalled tyres on the front (spesh control carcass) gave me similar issues in the past.

When you inflate them make sure the valve is at the top, the sealant should run to the bottom and only let a minimal amount that’s in the valve stem out at most.

charliew

Thanks.

Seems pretty obvious now… I’ll give it a try on my next ride.

damascus
    Free Member

Make sure the tyre is fully seated and all the bead has “popped” into place. I usually over inflate 1st time and then deflate. Then check the bead follows the rim exactly all the way round. Some times the bead doesn’t pop so you need to deflate and do it again or add a bit of washing up liquid to help it. Hope that makes sense.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tyre burping’ is closed to new replies.