Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tyre blowing off rim?
  • ltheisinger
    Free Member

Can you help me?

I’ve just fitting a 2.5 minion to the front wheel – Crank Bros Iodine – and it has just blown right off the rim at about 35psi and taken out an inner tube in the meantime! 😯

I checked that the Iodine takes a 2.5 and even called 2Pure to confirm, so before I try again (and explode another tube, as well as give my dog a heart attack!) has anyone else had experience of putting a 2.5 on their CB Iodines, as I have never had this problem with another tyre??

Cheers

donsimon
    Free Member

Make sure it sits on the rim properly.
    After the tyre has a bit of air in, have a look around the rim to check for it’s sitting correctly, repeat, if all is correct continue pumping.
    This assumes there is no fundamental design problem.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Mmmm? Thank DS I did that all was fine until the last 5psi or so, then it just peeled off!

I have just check again and I think the tyre must be oversized or the rim doesn’t really take a 2.5? As although it felt quite difficult to get on I have just removed the tyre without a tyre lever….not good!?

Do they sometimes get the sizing wrong or is is just that a 2.5 just won’t fit on my CB rim??

donsimon
    Free Member

Mmmm? Thank DS I did that all was fine until the last 5psi or so, then it just peeled off!

Just an idea as the same happened to me after changing tyre brands, sorry I’ve no more ideas.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

don simon – Member

Just an idea as the same happened to me after changing tyre brands, sorry I’ve no more ideas.

Thanks for your help mate.

Drac

Some tyres are wider than others at different points, not making a good way expelling this. The Iodine takes up 2.5″ it possible the Minion is a large 2.5 and not suitable for the Iodine. Hope that makes sense trying to eat my paella at the same times as modding.

Ah DS added a bit.

honourablegeorge

Is the bead of the tyre damaged in any way? My mate runs Iodones with 2.4 Schwalbes that are far wider than a 2.5 Minion

chunkypaul
    Free Member

Reckon the bead has snapped – had this on a nevegal before, wouldn’t stay on the rim tubed or tubeless

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tyre blowing off rim?’ is closed to new replies.