Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyre Advice – Maxxis High Roller – Cross Mark
  • 101andy
    Free Member

Its been about a year since I started to get in the MTBing again after a long lay off. The one thing I have learnt in the last year is clothing – and dentistry – is expensive.

As the weather turns it’s time to ditch the stock Continenal Mountain Kings – which un-sett;le me to say the least, very unpredictable, and repalce them with something more suitable.

I am riding a Genesis Core 40 hardtail which I absolutely love. My riding is mainly local bridleway, bit of XC and train centres.

I have had both Maxxis High Rollers and Cross Marks recommended. I was going to run the 2.35 High Roller on the front and either the same or a Cross Mark on the back.

As a relative newbie I would be happy to hear any thoughts or recommendations.

Cheers
    Andy

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Its a pretty good setup – I’ve never had a problem with them and if anything preferred it over my current Nobby Nic setup.

Northwind

Aye, good combo that. Not brilliant in mud though but reasonably fast rolling, good grip…

101andy
    Free Member

Cheers – reassuring.

mboy
    Free Member

Definitely a great combo for 3 seasons of the year in the UK…

Sadly we are entering winter now though, and something more suited to out and out mud might be preferable. I’ve noticed that my previously excellent (best rear tyre I’ve used actually!) 2.25 Crossmark was sliding quite a lot last weekend in the current conditions.

And yes, Mountain kings are rubbish!

chrisdb
    Free Member

Stick an Ardent on the back for a bit more traction.

Avoid Super Tacky High Rollers unless you have thighs of steel.

101andy
    Free Member

High Roller & Ardent ready to hit the trail tomorrow 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyre Advice – Maxxis High Roller – Cross Mark’ is closed to new replies.