Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Twrch Trail
  • smalison

Was planning on riding the Twrch trail on Saturday and the Cafall trail on Sunday – making a full weekend. but it looks like the diversion on the Twrch trail basically takes you from the car park to the top of the final descent, missing out all the fun bits.

http://your.caerphilly.gov.uk/cwmcarnforest/sites/your.caerphilly.gov.uk.cwmcarnforest/files/pdf/TwrchDiversionMap.pdf

Is that really true?

ifra
    Free Member

Yes its true, felling diseased trees i believe, can do both the trails on sat and then maybe afan sunday

smalison

Plan was to take a group of friends who have only ridden a few trails before. Aside from the avoidable first climb, I recall the Twrch being relatively straightforward whereas Cafall is harder apparently? I’ve not done it but was looking forward to a blast on Sunday with just two of us. Don’t really want to add an extra hour onto our journey home on Sunday if we go to Afan……

diawl2
    Free Member

Don’t bother. Pretty much all of the Twrch is closed. You can’t even get to the top on the road. IMHO very little reward for a lot of climbing on Cafall.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Twrch Trail’ is closed to new replies.