Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Two stitches, one sling half a pint of blood can't wait to get back riding
  • highclimber
    Free Member

Took an awesome crash this afternoon at Lee Quarry. my pubic bone hit the stem gave me a slight gash but severed a vein bled for over an hour. Landed on my left shoulder, bruised but not broken!

can't wait to heal and get back out!

turboferret

I did something not too dissimilar a few years ago – impaled the end of my handlebars (without a plug 😳 ) into my crotch and severed a vein.

Had an intense black/purple bruise which grew and inch a day until it was below my knee, and wrapped 3/4 of the way around my thigh 😯

All good fun 😆

Hope you heal up quickly and are back on the bike soon.

Cheers, Rich

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

just keep the pics to yourself eh.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ow!

Jamie
    Free Member

my pubic bone

*snigger*

elliptic
    Free Member

Please tell us the sling is for your shoulder.

Please… 😯

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

😯 That's brought a tear to my eye even thinking about it. Healing vibes dude.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I share your pain. Im off the bike for at least three weeks with a fractured radial head in my elbow.
    How nice has the weather been this week? FFS!

willard

Only a half pint of blood?

That's rubbish. Next time do better.

Get well soon though.

Edric64
    Free Member

Two stiches? hardly worth it!

Get well soon

highclimber
    Free Member

had to go back for an ultrasound. thats another 8 hours of my life I won't get back. the Doc said it was overkill but piece of mind tho! Physio next week for the shoulder then got to have the stitches removed all TWO of them. I wanted more 🙁

must try harder next time for more stitches!

thanks guys

highclimber
    Free Member

The Bike is fine BTW! 😀

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I think I'm going to puke…seriously.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I'd be going for the sympathy vote with the misses and getting her to rub it better, but very, very gently

coffeeking
    Free Member

I once ran into one of those square-top bollards in a city centre, I was running and full whack trying to get to a train and it smacked me right in the same spot as you have. Stopped dead and wrapped around the pole with the force, by christ it hurt like nothing I've ever known before but somehow I got away with just a large bruise. I can only guess how that feels for you! Get well soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Two stitches, one sling half a pint of blood can't wait to get back riding’ is closed to new replies.