Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Two into one does it go ?? Cotic and Nicolai content
  • shredder
    Free Member

Decisions ……
    Currently have a MK2 Soul & a 2011 Nicolai Helius CC love them both but find im riding the Soul more and more. Local stuff Dales Lakes etc.

Thoughts are turning to building up a new Cotic frame with dropper etc with a smattering of parts from the two existing bikes.

Build along lines of
    Cotic Soul
    Fox Talas Kashima 140-110 (from Nicolai)
    Flow EX on DT 240
    Full XTR grp set
    Enve bars
    Reverb
    Anyway you get the idea a nice trail build.

But just cant decide keep the two perfectly good bikes or build (in my eyes ) a dream Cotic build

Help deciding for I am weak willed 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

Sorry, it’s against policy to agree with reducing the number of bikes.
    Perhaps keep the soul as it is and get a bigger FS for different stuffs?

shredder
    Free Member

Ha I know was worried posting such a hideous notion. Have thought about a bigger bouncer but just don’t need it the Nicolai ticks all the bounce boxes.
    Just like the simplicity and directness of a hardtail.

wrecker
    Free Member

Sounds like your mind’s made up….
    I wouldn’t spend the £££££s extra for XTR over XT though personally.
    The thread on the new on one 456 Ti evo could help you spend the savings made there……

shredder
    Free Member

Oh god dont throw further options into the mix 😀

steve_b77
    Free Member

My thoughts exactly at the moment, since mini-me arrived I very don’t venture to overly rocky places that ‘require’ a full suss (also a Nicolai Helius CC) so I’ve been riding my 29’er HT everywhere and it has improved my riding no-end.

I’m on the verge of selling the Nic and buying a short travel 29’er FS for alot of my riding & racing and then slinging a set of carbon forks on the HT 29’er and 1×10’ing it for local riding and trailer towing duties

geetee1972
    Free Member

Why not keep both but put all the bits you want on the Soul on the soul? Maybe you wouldn’t miss the Nic/having a full suss bike but why take the chance? The older you get, the more a FS makes sense to creaky bones and aching knees.

bri-72

Not sure I’d cope with just 1 bike, even as a plan b if something goes wrong with 1 bike. Wouldn’t want to miss a days riding. I don’t use FS that much compared to HT but wouldn’t be without it.

tomhoward

I tried a 2 bikes in to 1 mission last year.

I now have 3 bikes. Errrm….

wrecker
    Free Member

Well, if you’re only going to have one bike, may as well make it a blinder 😀
    My 5 spot will either “transform” into a DH bike or a HT soon but then I still have the LTc!

shredder
    Free Member

All good points
    Only one bike if one goes down
    Bounce to make things easier

Thought to be given

andrewh
    Free Member

Steve, Shredder, if there are Helius frames, suitable for a 5’11” rider, coming onto the classifieds any time soon drop me a message.

shredder
    Free Member

YHM Andrew 🙂

FOG

I tried the two into one thing recently and it just didn’t work. Luckily I bought the new frame before getting rid of the others. Turned out I didn’t like the HT I had and the new one ticked all the boxes except for real big rocky stuff so was forced to keep the FS as well. Ok , forced , probably wrong word but yo get the idea.

steve_b77
    Free Member

You beat me to it 🙁

Although mine may be a full bike for sale 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

Shredder, I had this thought at the end of last year, sold my Helius and built up a 2 Souls QH, fantastic bike and more than capable of anything I ride, looking forward to taking to Spain in the summer

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Two into one does it go ?? Cotic and Nicolai content’ is closed to new replies.