Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Two Days At Afan
  • bgd
    Free Member

Have a couple of days to spend at Afan next week while visiting family and looking for opinions as to which trails to try.

I promised to take the wife on the Blue Scar trail as she’s wanting to give mountain biking a try then i probably have the rest of the day to myself and then one full day of biking on my own.

Want to make the most of my time so any advice welcome.

creamegg
    Free Member

In my order of preference…

The wall with a bit of bike park
    Blade (if its been fairly dry a few days before)
    Whites
    Penhydd (tame enough to do with the mrs)

Want a longer ride, then do the W2 or whites and blade

Not sure if skyline trail is open or not these days, if it was id consider it for a longer ride.

BPW is also not a long drive a way and could be an option for the 2nd day?

reeso
    Free Member
    bgd
    Free Member

Thanks guys, will see how the wife gets on and maybe give penhydd a try too.
    BPW is a bit far as I’m staying the other side of Carmarthen and would also take me out of my comfort zone lol.
    What is the best option for a long ride? Skyline, W2 or a combination of others?
    Cheers

creamegg
    Free Member

Brechfa might be an option then?

bgd
    Free Member

Will be trying to get a sneaky ride in at Brechfa too if I can but usually end up there when I’m visiting and haven’t ridden afan yet and fancied a change.

Twodogs

what Creamegg said…Brechfa much closer to Carmarthen…you could do the black and red combined for a longer rider (about 38km). was up there at the weekend and it was lovely and dry…a bit of the red was closed for repairs, but only a small bit

RobHilton
    Free Member

Some of my “mates” rode the Blade a few weeks ago & thought it was shit. I say “mates” cos they didn’t invite me…

Just so happened I was over the hill at Blaengarw having a great time. The blue is over stupidly quickly, but if you like rocks the black is superb. I’d highly recommend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Two Days At Afan’ is closed to new replies.