Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • two day Scottish MTB tour ideas
  • scruff9252

This weekend I had planned to go off sailing but there is forecast to be no wind.

With this in mind I might change to an alternative 2 day MTB /bivy trip with spending the night on a summit.

Where would you suggest?

scotroutes

There’s a very recent thread on doing a version of the Cairngorm Loop.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/shorter-top-cairngorm-loopanyone

There are a few ideas in there.

br
    Free Member

Where do you live? ie it could take you 2 days to get there/back (to the Cairngorms) if in the wrong place 😉

specialspecimen
    Free Member

The last two days i did ballater via lochnagar to Linn of dee, then Linn of dee up glen lui to carn o mhaim, along ridge then up to Ben macdui, then down to the hutch hut and eventually back to ballater.

Any questions about that then please ask.

One thing, there was no wind whatsoever and the midges were horrific when camping, I mean horror story stuff! So if you are bivying, even on a summit (windless on lochnagar, reports of midges up there), then make sure you’ve got some protection!

josemctavish
    Free Member

How about:

Minigaig Loop

Not too big a distance, but bivvying on top of the Corbett Leathad an Taobhain or the summit to the East would be nice and feels properly remote. You’ll also have a super fast descent to Glen Feshie to start your next day’s ride. Can’t guarantee no midges though!

honeybadgerx

bookmarked

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘two day Scottish MTB tour ideas’ is closed to new replies.