• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Dibbs.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Two cleat bolt Road SPD shoes that I can walk about in
  • Aristotle
    Free Member

I’m after a new pair of SPD shoes for commuting and other duties.

I have mtb style SPD pedals on my road and off-road bikes for consistency and I prefer a recessed cleat to allow me to walk in the shoes without skating about everywhere -I have never had a problem with using SPD’s on road.

I’m looking for recommendations.

Thanks.

scotroutes

Use MTB style shoes?

Or Specialized do a Touring shoe which looks like the road shoe but has the sole you are after.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Giro Republic are great

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Mavic cyclotour sport, shimano rt82..

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve a pair of the shimano rt82. Comfy and well made, but came up slightly bigger than my MO89’s. More like actual size than usual for shimano which are usually half a size too small for me.
    Gone back to flats on my MTB so the MO89’s will become my road shoes now I think

turboferret

Another vote for Giro Republic here.

Cheers, Rich

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve gone for the giro rumble for this purpose, the republic looks similar just a bit more roady like.

butcher

Does anyone find the laces a faff on the republics, and do they ever come loose and flap about?

I’m looking for exactly the same thing, but struggling to find exactly what I want for sensible money.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas.

The Giro Republic look great, but I would prefer Velcro or ratchet fasteners.

Shimano RT82 look very promising.

I currently use a pair of Pearl Izumi Xc shoes that I have had for years, but are now wearing out.

I thought that a pair of more Road orientated shoes without the hard plastic sole tread might be better.

I would use them for everything from commuting to TTs to centuries.

imnotverygood

+ 1 for Shimano Rt82, although if you want to walk in anywhere muddy they do not have any tread on the soles.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Does anyone find the laces a faff on the republics,

I have Giro Empire’s with a similar setup, and once the laces are tucked under the elasticated tab I’ve never had a problem coming loose

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Two cleat bolt Road SPD shoes that I can walk about in’ is closed to new replies.