Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Twitter/FBook – how many followers/Friends have you got ?
  • scaredypants

I’m on both – notionally

FB, 1 friend (who “made” me join ages ago)
    Twitter – 1 follower, as of today. How would they find me? (I’ve never twittered at all – he seems slightly bikey though)

Edukator
    Free Member

1, 0

Not sure – a couple of hundred on FB and not on Twitter

scaredypants

How would they find me?

Duh, username (nearly) – must be off here I’m guessing

Hi, please don’t be disappointed when I do no tweets 🙁

CountZero

On Fb, 42 friends, of which five are musicians rather than actual ‘friends’, although I have actually met a couple. There are a load of pages that I get updates from, mostly bands and musicians, again some I’ve actually met.
    On Twitter I have 61 followers and 9 following, God knows why, I hardly ever tweet, usually they’re re-tweets of other peoples posts. My Twitter username says it all, really; @phasmainmachina.

Cougar

I have 269 followers on Twitter, and I actively block bots and spammers.

Facebook, no idea. Couple of hundred “people I’ve heard of” probably, tops, “friends” is a bit of a misnomer.

samuri
    Free Member

FB: 194 friends – I only add people really know there.
    On Twitter, despite never twittering, I have about 5 followers. They must be waiting with bated breath for my first genius statement.

john_drummer
    Free Member

gave up on twitter about 3 years ago so I have no idea
    FB – about 150, of which some are people in other bands I’ve shared a stage with, and others are promoters and the like.

Taff
    Free Member

200+ on Facebook but to be honest don’t really interact with half of them but a clear out is too much like work! Got 70 followers on twitter somehow although looking at them I seemed to have lost a fair few women who apparently all want to f*** me til my brains fall out

muckytee
    Free Member

I have 77 facebook friends, my excuse; I have met every single one of them. I get bored “talking” to people on facebook, if you want to have a proper conversation meet up or call them, simples 😉

I am 18 years old by the way..

I have 17 twitter followers, I tweet sometimes; nowt interesting.

jedi

1265 on fb and 972 on twitter

grum
    Free Member
    CountZero

Typical Daily Mail bollocks. There’s more on Twitter like that, with an obssive need to tell everyone about every inconsequential, minute, useless piece of crap about their miserable lives. Most of the people who are my Fb friends are genuine friends and family members scattered all over the place, and it’s a brilliant way for us all to keep up with what everyone’s doing. It’s what friends actually do. It’s also the best way I’ve found for keeping up with what a lot of musicians are actually doing, much better than MySpace. On Twitter I follow the likes of William Gibson, Duncan Jones, Lauren Lavern, Cerys Matthews…

jota180
    Free Member

0/0

Keva
    Free Member

147 fb friends. don’t do the twitts thing, never been drawn to it.

Kev

GlitterGary
    Free Member

0 and 0. Got loads of MySpace friends though!

Matt24k
    Free Member

0/0
    I have got some real actual friends that I speak to in person and even some people that choose to listen to me rambling on in a real social setting.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have two facebook accounts to keep certain things separate.

Main one is 280 friends, plus 333 likes for my book and 102 for my CD which isn’t bad I feel.
    Twitter, following 59, 31 following me
    Work based facebook is around 35 friends

joao3v16
    Free Member

Don’t know how many friends I have on fb. A lot of them seem to be friends of my wife who I’ve never met 😕

I only actively use FaceBook to make fun of my sisters when they post comments and what-not. Keeps me vaguely amused anyway.

One thing I have noticed over the last few years is that people seem to be updating or adding to their facebook profile less and less frequently.

Are people getting bored with it?

wwaswas

my wife who I’ve never met

how peculiar.

😉

Cougar

There’s more on Twitter like that, with an obssive need to tell everyone about every inconsequential, minute, useless piece of crap about their miserable lives.

You follow nine people, none of whom you know personally. How are you in a position to make that statement?

Strange that I follow twenty times that number, a mix of friends and ‘famous’ people, and none of them fit that stereotype.

Most of the people who are my Fb friends are genuine friends and family members scattered all over the place, and it’s a brilliant way for us all to keep up with what everyone’s doing. It’s what friends actually do.

Whereas, I use Twitter in that manner. I find Facebook to be irritating, full of people I scarely know, many of whom need to stop sending me virtual coins or crops for a farm I don’t have, and go and learn some words instead.

I’d conclude, therefore, that Facebook and Twitter are just mediums and you get out of them what you choose to get out of them.

grum
    Free Member

I’d conclude, therefore, that Facebook and Twitter are just mediums and you get out of them what you choose to get out of them.

Imagine that eh?

franki
    Free Member

342 on FB. Can’t be bothered with Twitter.

Cougar

Imagine that eh?

Well, you’d think it’d be obvious, but seemingly criticising one is “typical Daily Mail bollocks” yet criticising another using lazy ‘facts’ you’ve just made up is perfectly fine.

scuzz
    Free Member

simonralli2:I have two facebook accounts to keep certain things separate.

Facebook help:Please be aware that managing multiple accounts is a serious violation of Facebook’s Terms of Use.

There are multiple inferences concerning Facebook which can be drawn from this. Today my tin-foil hat is donned due to the application and right of control a corporation has over something which is increasinly legally considered the public domain.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Facebook and Twitter are just mediums and you get out of them what you choose to get out of them

You can’t say that! Wash your mouth out!

We’re all supposed to be convinced that MyFace and Twatter are an important intrinsic part of modern society, not just a toy for 9-year-olds to pretend they have several hundred actual friends.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah I didn’t know that. No one has contacted me just yet! 🙂

andytherocketeer

I’d have 3 accounts if necessary. 1 for friends, 1 for work, 1 for family. All would be thru totally different machines, IP addys, email addys etc. anyway, and I’d have the bare minumum of information in there. No way in hell would I use 1 account and tell the book of farce who my family and colleagues are, and use their in built groups or whatever. None of their business.
    Fortunately no colleagues or family have attempted to ascertain whether I use it, or not, and hopefully it stays that way 🙂 .

If FB decided I was abusing their T+C’s then they’d be more than welcome to close the accounts. Would save me the effort 😉

Only use twitter as a kind of RSS News feed. FB will have to scour Twitter if they want to know what I “like”.

timc
    Free Member

700+ Friends & 5k approx likes, lot work associated

223 followers / 273 following on twitter, less work associated

jota180
    Free Member

If FB decided I was abusing their T+C’s then they’d be more than welcome to close the accounts. Would save me the effort

It’s probably the only way to actually get rid of it, it’s like hog weed, just when you think it’s gone, it pops up to remind you it’s only sleeping

AdamW
    Free Member

Was on FB, got bored/sick of stupid updates. Use Twitter to keep in touch with bikey mates and follow people like Cav. 28 followers. Some of which are bizarre and may involve spam.

wwaswas

may involve spam

I do sometimes wonder if the people who produce this stuff are hindered in gaining any sort of online presence;

Leku
    Free Member

Message from Google + [echo on] hello?hello? is anyone out there [echo off]

12 Facebook friends.

Cougar

Spam reported (again)

Tom-B
    Free Member

160ish FB friends. Not been on much of late, and I didn’t join until 2011. Twitter, I think I’ve got 2 followers? Both of whom are bands that I’ve gigged with. I really don’t get Twitter.

CountZero

Ha! I’d forgotten this thread. I’d like to correct a misapprehension of Cougar’s if I may:

There’s more on Twitter like that, with an obssive need to tell everyone about every inconsequential, minute, useless piece of crap about their miserable lives.
    You follow nine people, none of whom you know personally. How are you in a position to make that statement?

Strange that I follow twenty times that number, a mix of friends and ‘famous’ people, and none of them fit that stereotype.
    I don’t actually follow nine, there are more than that, and all those I follow are those who have interesting, meaningful or fun things to say, like SuperStripers. I do, however, check out all sorts of random postings by others who are followers, etc, and a great many post up stuff that’s just drivel, meaningless and inconsequential. Which is fine, but some of those seem to have a great many followers, which I find baffling.
    But I guess they’re like fans of the likes of a lot of modern ‘comedians’, the popularity of whom I find equally baffling.
    Fb, is exactly the same, there are certain of my friends (by which I mean those i know personally) on there who post up day-to-day stuff that is just utterly un-interesting, but hey, I just ignore it.
    Those I ‘Follow’ or ‘Like’, just like you, are all, people who do interesting things and have interesting things to say, with one or two exceptions, but those are very close friends of many years standing, and who I like to keep up with because they’re close, very personal friends, so I cut them some slack! 😀

Cougar

Snappy comeback, well done. (-:

I don’t disagree that there’s a large amount of chaff around the wheat if you look hard enough. The point I might have been making nine months ago was that it’s down to you as a reader to exercise some quality control. It’s like walking into a bookshop and going “wow, there are a lot of books here that don’t interest me, bookshops are shit.”

For me, I genuinely don’t see much of that on Twitter. FB more so, because its ‘friend’ model encourages mutual friending of very loose acquaintances who then fill your main feed with semi-literate bollocks and invites to micropayment games. With Twitter, if someone new blips my radar I check their stream to see if I might find what they have to say interesting before following them. Also, there’s no full-duplex requirement; I follow people who don’t follow me, and vice versa. Whether all this is actually down to differences between the two media or just how I’ve taken to using them, I don’t know. I don’t think it’s just me, though.

I think also, Twitter (and to a lesser extent maybe even Facebook) has calmed down a bit now that the initial “ooh, new system” novelty has worn off, which has had a positive effect on the amount af banal entries made.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cougar, you obviously missed my blatant paging thread last night. What you doing about your photo theme thing?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Twitter/FBook – how many followers/Friends have you got ?’ is closed to new replies.