Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Twitter, why?
  • si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

What the hell is Twitter for? I have looked at thier website but just don’t ‘get’ it? Do people really communicate this way?

This quote is from their web site and i am still non the wiser as why you would use Twitter!

“Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?”

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve been researching this all day for an article and I still can’t say what it’s ‘for’ (apart from self-important t*ats, perhaps).

I did find this rather hilarious comment on Alan Carr’s Twitter page though…

AlanCarr: Just watched ‘The Wrestler’,loved it, i wouldnt be surprised if Donatella Versace goes on to win the Oscar. She was amazing. 01:32:25 am on January 24, 2009 |

uplink
    Free Member
    jwr

As I see it there are several main uses for twitter.

– Friends can use it to organise events, keep in touch and see what others are up to.
    – Companies can use it to cultivate a more enthusiastic group of customers. I would say that direct interaction with companies and organisations you are interested in is very powerful
    – If you are just a nobody, you can follow interesting people (see my list of recommendations in the older thread). These sort of people usually have something interesting to say.

If you are still in doubt, just use The Goggle to search for “what is twitter” to see some articles about how different people are putting this simple tool to use.

-j

p.s. I fall squarely into the third category, but I do use twitter to update some embedded code on my website for status updates.

ourmaninthenorth

I believe it’s just come to the public’s wider attention (i.e. the attention of those who’s entertainment is still fed to them down the tube).

I like it. I signed up a while ago, but couldn’t think of much use for it. I’ve gradually been exploring.

As someone on the other thread pointed out: it’s like facebook, but without the cr*p.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Twitter, why?’ is closed to new replies.